are your ears fucked?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by klusta, Jun 9, 2003.

1. klusta

klusta Pulsar

2. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

i dont have tinnitus thank god, but my hearing is getting worse.

im sure most people that know me are always wondering why i ask them to repeat themselves.

need to get some decent earplugs made, anyone know some good uk based places?

3. ZESTOI

ZESTOI time for heroes.

my dad gets free earplugs atwork so if i ever go raving, i think i'll nick em off him just in case lol.

4. jay walker

jay walker 1/2 of Passive/Aggressive

Ive heard bout this mould-based defender - it moulds in the inner-ear and turns solid (somehow?!?)
    an acts as a filter, cutting off the certain frequencies that can cause Tinnitus,
    but the benifit these have over earplugs it that it doesnt block the ear-hole giving clean listening pleasure!

I heard about them a month or so ago somewhere, but havent seen anything since.

its something to look into

5. Affliction

Affliction thought size didnt matter

http://www.studiospares.com/productdetails.asp?pid=35000&gid=1&cid=1:thumbsup:

There is no cure for tinnitus.... once your ears are fucked, they're fucked for life :shake:

BUT if your ears are just ringing after a bangin night, it's prob not tinnitus and it'll wear off after a few days.... it's when you get the constant ringing 24/7 that you have to worry

6. klusta

klusta Pulsar

cheers, I done a little research last night. Thankfully my ear aint that bad, I just have to keep re-balancing the pressure.

still gonna sort me out some ear phones though :slayer:

7. D BREAKNECK

D BREAKNECK 7 years on top

I've got a pair of these ones. They're verrry good.

You quickly get used to them, within a few minutes of wearing them, they cut out all frequencies equally without ruining the music, and amazingly make it easier to hear people talking to you over the music.

I got mine for £2 in Sweden, were they take this thing seriously, so will bring a box full back for the Breakneck crew, and to have fo' sale cheaply at future Breakneck.

Should have 'em for VALVE, (when we have free cheap ones to give away anyway).

D.

8. HEIST

HEIST Member

my ears ring constantly- but only a very tiny bit - but i only really notice it at nite when im going to sleep. My hearing is actually well good tho.....?

9. Indi

Indi Tha Original ThreadKilla!

I was born deaf, when I was five I had pioneering surgery where there make a small incision just in front of the ears and place hearing aids behind the ear drums, and they're powered by a small battery which uses kinetic electricity from my body movements. I was the first person in the world to have it done and it made the national news. They get changed every ten years so my hearing's sorted for life.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2003
  10. CoB

CoB Pure Sanelessness

does that shit actually work!!!! (from the first post)
    sometimes my ears will jus start ringing for no reason, other than when ive been out listnin to loud music

11. TEMPER

TEMPER HardStepper

Iv'e never warn ear plugs to a rave, never felt the need! but fucking hell, one time at this place called dungeons, it woz so loud it hert! people were walking out n shit! you could'nt swallow properly! nasty!

I got nout wrong with my ears, & hope it stays that way!

:lighter: