are you taking the fucking piss?

safety

double safety
VIP Junglist
anyone else think d bridge is having a laugh expecting people to pay £15 for a 10"? yeah it may be limited, it may be a picture disc, it may have stickers, the tracks may be deleted the day they're pressed, but i could never justify paying nearly three times the price of a 12" for one piece of wax.

shame as well, because i really both tracks.

have a look and tell me to pull my neck if you think it's reasonable.

http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/sc/servlet/Info?Track=EXIT011

To be fair, it won't be the label that will decide the RRP, that will be down to the shop, but i do know they are being sold from the distributor at a stupidly high price.

I agree 15 squids for one piece of vinyl is ridiculous....

Taken from D Bridge's Myspace...

Aptitude Pre Order & Other Thoughts

Hi All,

Once again The Aptitude Series has drawn a variety of comments. for the most part ppl like the series but the price has once again become an issue, which I understand. As you may know due to the specs it costs a certain amount to produce and I adjust my mark up to cover these costs and at least pay the artist some money. Please understand when a shop sells it for a certain amount Exit Records does not directly receive that amount. On the most part the shops mark up has been reasonable but certain shops have been over pricing it and as a result Exit is seen as directly profiting from this.

To counter this I've had a thing called the Aptitude Club going, which offers the series to those who are members; first and at a reduced price. For this Vol those who are members have already been contacted and offered the release at £8 (inc both sticker sheets) plus the postage of their choice.

To register I've asked ppl to send me an email with the number and picture of the number on any Aptitude release they may own. (hopefully not to much of a big deal).

I'd like to open this offer up to anyone who'd like to purchase Vol 4, which will include your automatic registration to the club, this offer will be available up until the release date on the 6th Oct. This offer is also on a first come first served basis as I only have a certain amount.

So if you'd like to receive Aptitude Vol 4 (inc both Sticker Sheets) for £8+ P&P contact me at aptitude@exitrecords.co.uk with your location and postage requirement (Standard or Recorded Delivery).

Expected Postage Costs
UK : Standard £1.94 / Recorded £2.66
Europe : Standard £2.84 / Recorded £6.34
Rest Of World : Standard £4.43 / Recorded £8.03
Prices based on package weight of 356g (Mailer, Vinyl, 2 Sticker sheets and Cardboard Stiffener)

On the 6th Oct I'll try and draw up a list of stores prices and post on here.

This is also the same address to Join The Aptitude Club.

Thank you for your continued support

dB

aptitude@exitrecords.co.uk

It's more of an investment I'd say, so long as you don't use the stickers or any of the other 'special' shit you get with it.

But the tracks are boring as fuck IMO and I wouldn't pay £1.60 for that pretentious head nodding shit let alone 16 quid .

Well I saw D Bridge play them out live and no one really danced, just stood there stroking their chins. Mabye pretentious was the wrong adjective, but thats what they sound like to me.

I will get one if i have the opportunity, exit has done this before with a calibre track (i have that) its for the true vinyl collectors. if you dont want a piece of art with dope tunes on it, download it

horse is a fucking tune tho

This is something for the true collecters. If every release they
did was like this it would be rediculous, but as a one off it's ok.
£15 is still steep though. I got a limited 10" (only 500 copies)
and it was £7.

Back
Top Bottom