Are you guys into the hard stuff?

Norwax

VIP Junglist
Do you usually listen to some hard shit? Of course my kind of dnb will always be deep/techy/neuro shit, but it feels good to go crazy sometimes, like attending to Therapy Sessions and Yellow Stripe/Prospect/Subsistenz nights and listen so some heavy crossbreed stuff. Even if a hard techno/harcore song comes on the mix sometimes, I go pretty crazy with it

look at limewax's intro in this video

4 minutes in, I remember going absolutely nuts with it and yet, it's not my kind of dnb. idk, just feels good to rock hard sometimes

just sharing my thoughts here, this came up to my mind today when I was arguing about it with some friends

Last edited by a moderator:

here's the official video of that night in case anyone wants to see

Fuck yeah I do. I'm not a fan of the hardcoreish DnB though, like Gancher and Ruin. I love Tech Itch, Dylan, and Current Value to name a few.

Used to be quite into this sound when I was just getting into dnb and listened to alot of metal, industrial & noise. Some of its alrite but can get pretty tiresome after a while. However Gein's Skinsuit Sessions Vol. V is still one of my fave mixes, atmosphere on it is so dark. Dont really rate some of the newer producers in that scene though

+1 to Gein's Skinsuit Sessions Vol. V

about the hardcore, it was a drum and bass even with a little bit of hardcore (torment calls for those events here). that tune Limewax played as an intro is from I-Gor, he produces crossbreed so it might sound like hardcore yea

DJ Hidden and Donny tracks used to get rinsed back in the day! There was a local night call Riot Lab down here that was always a good head banging sesh! Deffo gets tiring tho lol!

I do like a bit of current value, donny, counterstrike, cooh, limewax. DJ Hidden smashed Glade last year

:slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer:

I used to like some of Lucio De Rimanez's tunes, this comes to mind

Yeah i dig some current value and tech itch aswell, but all this Therapy Sessions sound just seems like it's a competition to see who can fuck a crowd's ears faster imo

Yeah i dig some current value and tech itch aswell, but all this Therapy Sessions sound just seems like it's a competition to see who can fuck a crowd's ears faster imo

Stuff like Panacea is a bit much for me.. I like pots and pans, but thats driving a skip full of kitchenware over a cattle grid.

I used to think I didn't like it, but two weeks ago Dkaos and Fragz! (Yellowstripe) played in a local club and it fucking rocked!! (mostly.)
So yeah, I now like to listen to the harder shit, more so if there is some DnB feel in it (I used to listen to hardcore too a few years back, so that might be why )
A friend of mine is a DJ and he usually drops hard stuff, so that's another advantage

Also, these guys are Portuguese so i must like them at least a little bit :P

I used to be well into it. The thing is though the tracks tend to be quite repetitive. The tracks don't evolve. Neither do the mixes really. Most of the mixes I've heard involve average mixing, really well produced tunes and repetitiveness.

I'm really into Metal though although I find that stuff that just has screaming boring now as it has less of an impact if its just screaming all the way through. I do quite like Djent though. There is a lot of skill involved to get it that tight. I love the musicianship as well. Some metal tracks are the closest things in terms of musicality to some classical composers in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom