Are you accepting cdjs or do you think dnb must be played on vinyl

DJ Summit

hi mates

just answer the question above..
im mixing for about 3 months at my friends place and im going to buy my first own decks in about 2 weeks.

and im not sure what im going for. i would like to buy a pair of cdj-400 i gues they are some real good players, but on the other side at my home town (vienna) nearly every dnb dj is playing on vinyl... so im not sure what to go for (im a little bit afraid of not being accepted because im playing dnb on cds)

what would you recommend?

(sry for the not perfect english)

cheers

edit: for vinyl i would buy a pair of technics 1210 and an behringer 700 (for cds same mixer)

Last edited:
to be fair it doesnt matter its your choice, I prefer the control and feeling of vinyl, cdj's just seem a little fake (not dissing them just thats how they feel to me) but saw dbridge last year he used cdj's for the full set didnt mind cos he played tunes, so its what ever you prefer most of the time the ravers cant spot the diffrence unless their trainspotting.

Dont get the behringer djx 700, go for a mixer by vestax or numark or somethin if your going cheep, but if you really want a behringer save up a bit more money an get DDM4000

i must say im enjoying vinyl a lot at the moment, more than cd decks

but it's a personal choice, all up to you

Vinyl all the way!! can be a bit of an expensive habit tho. where as you can buy an mp3 for like £1 nowadays.

CDJ's just seem so fake to me tho.

Vinyl all the way!! can be a bit of an expensive habit tho. where as you can buy an mp3 for like £1 nowadays.

CDJ's just seem so fake to me tho.

better to spend ya money on vinyl then drugs an shit.

thanks for that load of response :)

i think ill get this pack: http://www.djstore.com/item/tecsl1210behvmx200pack.htm

i think for beginning mixing its a good pack and i´ll spare about 500euros (against the cdj-400 and the behringer700) wich i can spend in vinyl :)

thx again

Dude thats heavily over priced! Get a pair off ebay (mk3s preferably) and get a numark dxm09 mixer from chemical..Would be a lot more value for the cash :)

My personal thoughts on the cdj things is every dj needs to be competent at mixing on vinyl first before even considerin moving on to other stuff. When you've got that dialled then deffo invest in some cdjs if you feel you need to. Plus it will save you mega bucks, cos then you only buy the vinyl you really want, and say goodbye to crappy b sides cos you can just download the one you want of DNBA or a like!

Use a DVS system auch as Serato or Traktor scratch so you can use turntables and CD playas.
I doubt people would judge you on whether you use CD or vinyl though mate.

Dude thats heavily over priced! Get a pair off ebay (mk3s preferably) and get a numark dxm09 mixer from chemical..Would be a lot more value for the cash :)

My personal thoughts on the cdj things is every dj needs to be competent at mixing on vinyl first before even considerin moving on to other stuff. When you've got that dialled then deffo invest in some cdjs if you feel you need to. Plus it will save you mega bucks, cos then you only buy the vinyl you really want, and say goodbye to crappy b sides cos you can just download the one you want of DNBA or a like!

This.

Back
Top Bottom