Are we keeping violence out of the scene?

hyperd4eva

H&M SCARVES
VIP Junglist
Went to a rave the other week in Brighton, not your roughest part of britain to say the least!

But there was so much trouble there, do you think that DNB still has the same name it used to have where you just are not safe raving unless you with your mates all night?

Also is the MC culture making it worse by joining forces into crews and trying to take over from the DJ?

The best MC who ever lived wasnt just about lyrics was also ablout complimenting the DJ and keeping Peace Love and Unity!

Do you think this has gone forever?

Do you think this has gone forever?

Swings and roundabouts with this really.. With the good, always comes the bad..

Thats life unfortunately. No matter where you are, what venue, what night, what time of day, there will always be some arsehole causing trouble, end of.

True True Bro,

But do you think DNB artists are sending the right messages and also the bouncers at DNB nights are even worse!

But your right not really alot you can do! Shame man!

so true and what witht he amount of drugs and alcohol flying about even the nicest person could become a cunt.
i mean i would if i ditn hear machete at least 5 times in 1 night- im only human.

haha yeah man and metal detectors is lacking man. with all the knife culture going with it its scary man.

Plus most venues keep glass bottles! just ruins it when you are there just for the music not the drugs, lazors etc!

True True Bro,

But do you think DNB artists are sending the right messages and also the bouncers at DNB nights are even worse!

But your right not really alot you can do! Shame man!

I'm not quite sure what you mean? How are artists sending any messages? .. and the bouncers is completely subjective.

At my local DNB night we all know the bouncers now and everyone gets on, happy times! Every DJ i've met, which is quite a few now (as Domie will vouch for lol) has been well cool. Had a proper laugh with Die once and had a lengthy chat with Sub Focus one night after he broke a finger lol!

OK maybe it didnt make that much sense! see where your coming from mate as i got to little DNb nights now rather than One Nations etc. cause the vybes are good.

Im talking more MC's i know its the style to be the hard man! but would you not agree there not enough MC's out there that bring good messages to people you know?

Chats that make you think about things twice just like hyper d did! which is why no MC will ever be at the level he was.

But Djs are usually pretty safe!

There's too much violence in the scene but there isn't really much you can do to stop it. When people act violently they normally do so quickly and without much warning.

I just avoid Playaz nights and the like, and avoid the kind of djs who attract a higher proportion of violent morons. To be honest I'd do this even if there wasn;t violence as I find it the worst kind of drum n bass anyway.

yeah id agree all i think is DNb is a scene where people get violent it is not a safe place to be at certain raves!

But i think more needs to be done in the fact of tackling people who mug and go to cause trouble.

There was a wall of shame going at one point which got sent to all dnb nights which were relatively big to shame the mugs!

we need more like that! as theres nothing like a dnb night with no trouble. when the vybes are right..

Ive been in the scene a fairly long time... ive come from the squat party scene.... where you would think would have the most amount of violence... due to there actually being no bouncers at all... in fact its all down to the people who come along.,..

if you book DJs like Original Sin, Andy C etc.... you are bound to have a few dickheads turn up because they have no real passion in the scene and only come along cause they know the name.... and its "cool" to like Jump-Up.....

same goes for MCs.... if you book people like Skiba, Shabba, Eks, Det etc.... its bound to bring dickheads.... cause they know the names... if you booked people like Mekar, Stapleton, Gusto, Andlar etc.... then you would more than likely not get any trouble at all.... due to the fact that only people who are apart of the scene or have more of an interest in it know these names...

it also comes down to how you promote the event....

Theres so many factors... there will always be dicksheads.... and in the end of the day.... people only really get involved in that bullshit if they have attitude themselves.... 90% of the time you will get what your looking for... 10% of the time innocent people are involved.... live by the sword youll die by it.... just stay out of trouble and trouble will stay away from you.... well.... 90% of the time! hahaha.

oh and with the points ive already raised.... dnb is going to turn the way it did a few years back... where jump-up producers all but stopped producing and the "darkside" part of the scene will flourish.... because dickheads dont like going to dark raves.... it isnt "cool".... this happened once before in the scene and will no doubt happen again.... it will hopefully get rid of the cunts who think its fun to start a fight!

Last edited:
Ive been in the scene a fairly long time... ive come from the squat party scene.... where you would think would have the most amount of violence... due to there actually being no bouncers at all... in fact its all down to the people who come along.,..

if you book DJs like Original Sin, Andy C etc.... you are bound to have a few dickheads turn up because they have no real passion in the scene and only come along cause they know the name.... and its "cool" to like Jump-Up.....

same goes for MCs.... if you book people like Skiba, Shabba, Eks, Det etc.... its bound to bring dickheads.... cause they know the names... if you booked people like Mekar, Stapleton, Gusto, Andlar etc.... then you would more than likely not get any trouble at all.... due to the fact that only people who are apart of the scene or have more of an interest in it know these names...

it also comes down to how you promote the event....

Theres so many factors... there will always be dicksheads.... and in the end of the day.... people only really get involved in that bullshit if they have attitude themselves.... 90% of the time you will get what your looking for... 10% of the time innocent people are involved.... live by the sword youll die by it.... just stay out of trouble and trouble will stay away from you.... well.... 90% of the time! hahaha.

oh and with the points ive already raised.... dnb is going to turn the way it did a few years back... where jump-up producers all but stopped producing and the "darkside" part of the scene will flourish.... because dickheads dont like going to dark raves.... it isnt "cool".... this happened once before in the scene and will no doubt happen again.... it will hopefully get rid of the cunts who think its fun to start a fight!

thats 90% reassuring 90% of the time lol i hope im not the 10%!

I Think that things have turned for the worse like you said Rocksteady.

good points there, and i think the So Called BIG names in DNB are not as big as people think.

Which is why this sort of sight is good for young up coming DJs to work hard and get there name out there.

This is a pure british bread music and it is what we make it!!!

theres violence in any scene ,club/pub or anywhere drugs and booze is involved.
personally have u seen them maniacs that listen to metal and mosh like sickos ?
is that violent? i reckon its just different people haveing different types of fun!

imo, around london, its gotten worse over the last couple of years. Playaz used to be relatively calm and everyone seemed to be happy, but now there is the SAME group of aggy, unintelligent cunts who think going to dnb raves means they can start fights and rob people. if i had my way, they would be shot. but i don't, so instead ive got to either stay clear of these nights, or look over my back the whole night. i shouldn't have to be doing this. its obviously not what the scene is about, but its definitely what outsiders think of it.

its getting worse at raves you wouldnt expect it to aswell. like ram. really pisses me off how people can think that they have the right to do this sort of shit, and tbh i can only see it getting worse, especially with violence in london generally getting worse.

Some clubs are taking a step to counter it though. at the last breaking science at seone, the bouncers were given a list of faces to look out for, and they didnt get in. and lo and behold there was no trouble. the security at fabric has been getting better recently but at places like the coronet they are completely useless and this just results in more violence. the clubs need to sort it out. maybe they need to talk to each other and find out who has been going round to different clubs causing trouble. once cunts realise that they cant get in they'll stop bothering and they'll go and bother the hardcore lot. there may be in a couple of years time exactly the same conversation on hardcoreforum.com, although i doubt it. cus hardcores ghey

Yeah but they there to get hurt!

perople that go to dnb raves and pubs arent.

also moshing is becoming big in dnb nights now!

Back
Top Bottom