are u supposed to use the rubber mats that come ith technics mk2 ????

Go to ebay.co.uk

Choose 'sell'

List your Technics.

Sell them to somebody who has ANY idea of how to use a deck.

Seriously though - GO and talk to a friend who knows how to dj. Spend a day with him before you ruin your decks, your vinyl and your life.

Those rubber mats keep your vinyl from being sandpapered by your decks. Not only are there different types of mat but there are also various things you additionally do to change how you use vinyl.

Really mate, I'm not being a sarcastic arse but you have to get some bloody basic knowledge from somewhere.

not slipmats u fool the rubber ones not like on any normal dek i am not that stupid my old ones didnt have them _______________________________________________

Go to ebay.co.uk

Choose 'sell'

List your Technics.

Sell them to somebody who has ANY idea of how to use a deck.

Seriously though - GO and talk to a friend who knows how to dj. Spend a day with him before you ruin your decks, your vinyl and your life.

Those rubber mats keep your vinyl from being sandpapered by your decks. Not only are there different types of mat but there are also various things you additionally do to change how you use vinyl.

Really mate, I'm not being a sarcastic arse but you have to get some bloody basic knowledge from somewhere.

Why do you think he posted here? He's asking a question on a forum, there is no harm in that.

not slipmats u fool the rubber ones not like on any normal dek i am not that stupid my old ones didnt have them _______________________________________________

And what the fuck do you think those mats you got with your Technics are? Condoms for your Technics? Fool.

I think you're supposed to use the rubber ones for recording (+ general use). For DJ-ing I'd use some slippery ones!

I'm amazed how often this question comes up... surely these people are on a wind up

Technics mk2's were originaly designed as a really high quality hifi deck and not necersarily a dj deck. This is why they come with the thick rubber mats. The thick rubber mat minimises feedback and vibration to give a higher sound quality. However, it is no good for dj'ing because the record won't slip and will get damaged. So you need to discard the rubber one and replace it with a thin felt slipmat. I would recomend sickmats. Don't chuck the rubber one though cus they cost a lot to replace lol.

Technics mk2's were originaly designed as a really high quality hifi deck and not necersarily a dj deck. This is why they come with the thick rubber mats. The thick rubber mat minimises feedback and vibration to give a higher sound quality. However, it is no good for dj'ing because the record won't slip and will get damaged. So you need to discard the rubber one and replace it with a thin felt slipmat. I would recomend sickmats. Don't chuck the rubber one though cus they cost a lot to replace lol.
:word:

Great answer.

NICE ONE ROB, USEFUL TO KNOW BUDDY (y)

Back
Top Bottom