Are these monitors any good?

And the other thing about those ones i posted are they're front ported so room size/positioning doesnt matter as much. Good for home use where you aint got all the acoustics right.

the m1 mk2's are the best for budget monitors - had mine for 4 years now and coupled with my AKG's I feel confident I'm getting an accurate reproduction of what I'm making - well worth the money in my opinion.

Last edited:
i have heard good things about the Alesis M1 Active Mk2 Monitors, although when i was reading up on what monitors producers (not just dnb but all sorts) use, some old skool ones which names escape me kept cropping up... one was definatly some jbl's fromt he 80's!

think you mean the yamaha ones that have white cones, you see them in loads of pro studios - probably like gold dust trying to get hold of them now though!!! think they were so popular cos it was so hard to get stuff to sound good on them - so if you got something sounding sweet you know you really nailed it!!

With anythng like this you always get you pay for. Imo you spend £90 now, you'll get annoyed they aint loud enough, then want upgrade and lose money blah blah. Try and save up for some of these:

http://www.google.co.uk/products?so...sound pearl 6&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wf

Exactly the same build and spec and the KRKs but like £100 cheaper. I have them and they beat it, really fucking good repsonse and very versitile. Spend more now, save money in the long run..

With anythng like this you always get you pay for. Imo you spend £90 now, you'll get annoyed they aint loud enough, then want upgrade and lose money blah blah. Try and save up for some of these:

http://www.google.co.uk/products?so...sound pearl 6&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wf

Exactly the same build and spec and the KRKs but like £100 cheaper. I have them and they beat it, really fucking good repsonse and very versitile. Spend more now, save money in the long run..

Those motherfuckers are getting bought (y)

Nice, you will not be disappointed! Its the old Vauxhall - Opel scenario, exaclty the same shit, just a different badge (y)

think you mean the yamaha ones that have white cones, you see them in loads of pro studios - probably like gold dust trying to get hold of them now though!!! think they were so popular cos it was so hard to get stuff to sound good on them - so if you got something sounding sweet you know you really nailed it!!

thats the ones... i think i was getting confused as JBL brought out some of the originals?

NS10s, they're the old standard. Although the M1 mk2 are meant to be taking over now.

Yeah NS10's are really hard to get a good sound out of, if you get your tunes sounding good on there they will sound great on anything else

someone i know uses them, they are ok for the price man

they will do for a while for sure

ive got the Alesis m1 active 620 which i brought of whybuynew for £180 b stock....they are bascailly brand new and are very very good, they have nice deep bass for small speakers, hightly recommaned spending an extra £100

Back
Top Bottom