Are there too many online stations ?

Oria

devils advocate !

With the 'digital revolution' firmly under way, some say this has led to the electronic music market being saturated with stuff that basically isn't good enough to be put to a vinyl release (at least in DnB) ... end result is quantity of quality .... some say this.

So taking that on further with so many websites now streaming audio (sometimes with video) whatever you want whenever you want (practically) every fucker seems to have 'radio show' these days .... is quality suffering for all the quantity ?:clown:

When i started playing it was all about sharing cassettes and local FM, now i can share a mix easily to anyone that i want via the web, so I do include myself in the quantity group BTW !

Last edited:
Problem for me is which one should i listen to ? And i see 'similar threads' below the quick reply box has a few similar threads from last year. I want to lock into a weekly show for 'liquid funk' but have no idea which one to choose. I also want 'live' show rather than a streamed pre-recorded mix !

Disfunktional Radio FTW

Watch out for Hostile,Hooka, Commit, Controller, Gambit and many more.

shedbass.com ftw!

it's all about wading through the crap, researching your subject, to find the gems hidden within... I'm on shedbass, and it's been a long-running, well established internetz radio, so i know the quality is there... otherwise most dj's/producers I'm interested in send about 50 messages to tell you what 'radio' they will be on and when... this is a good clue as to what one should be listening to! and why stick to just one, why not switch around!

as for vinyl, I'm sometimes glad i'm still analogue as there is so much digi shit released that it would take too much time to trim the wheat from the chaff, so to speak.

my 50 pence anyways!

Back
Top Bottom