Are there guides for producing Jump Up DNB somewhere? [weak sound problems ect.)

SuBKA

Are there guides for producing Jump Up DNB somewhere? [weak sound problems ect.]

I was wondering, because I really struggle to make good sounds that fit Jump Up, most synths and stuff I create sound really weak and I don't have any idea how to create these great intro synths that most Jump Up artists use to get this kind of suspense before the drop and it doesn't get boring even if the intro is one minute long, which is a problem to me because when I listen to my tracks it kind of feels like you've had enough after 2 minutes.
The only thing I am not struggling with too hard is creating basslines but they still miss this something something that makes them so satisfying to listen to.

When I layer alot of snares and kicks and randomly kick in compression and EQ it ends up sounding kind of weak or strange, even if I take out muddy frequencies and add high passes to cut out everything below 40HZ for the drums.
Is there some guide in that way?
I've taken a look at the dnbscene EQing and Compression tutorials and that made things better, but I am still so unpleased with my sound design that I often throw down my projects after I realize that the sound is weak, monotone or something like that.
You can listen to where I am at in the track in my signature.
I hope you know what I was trying to say, my English is not the finest. ;)
Greets.

Last edited:
There are no guides for jump up. Im 2+ years into production and im starting to get some nice sounds, 2 years later... It just takes time. And if your drums sound weak get some better quality ones, layering is also something that takes time, knowing what to layer. I recently made a snare that had a 2 snares for the punch and 2 for the highs, one of them snares didnt sound good on its own but with a higher clap it was fucking sick. Patience.

There are no guides for jump up. Im 2+ years into production and im starting to get some nice sounds, 2 years later... It just takes time. And if your drums sound weak get some better quality ones, layering is also something that takes time, knowing what to layer. I recently made a snare that had a 2 snares for the punch and 2 for the highs, one of them snares didnt sound good on its own but with a higher clap it was fucking sick. Patience.

Look for a jump up guide called "Practice Alot..." By the artist "...Then Practice More..." hahahahah! basically there is no other way to tell you how to make jump up! no one could tell you "HOW TO MAKE JUMP UP" cause simply there is no one way! So you yourself have to practice and develop your own sound. Many people like Guv have spent years developing their own sounds! :P <3

Dunno man, something about putting hours in and getting something out.. You should never ask for advice, ever, just slave away for years!

OP: Im not sure about Germany and youtube etc but have you searched on there? Also state your DAW and prefered synths, should help someone answer. i've never written any jump up so cant help :/

Last edited:
a good way to get swick sounds and get uuber famous is to dl sample packs and no change anything and then call yourself dj guv uk and trick people into thinking your guv

???

profit

Try making non-jump up..... You wont learn much just making jump up to be honest. kids music

Last edited:
Haha, I appreciate it, thanks guys!
Guess I just gonna put more time into all this.
Im doing this for more than one year now btw. and I am not yet completely satisfied. Sometimes I do pretty decent but there is just days where everything I do sounds fckn weird. :D

Sound design is easily the hardest thing with production for me! But have a search around on other forums too man, plus on here if you havent already.. Someone will know!

Back
Top Bottom