are miovie sample cheesy

lokki

JUNGLIST FROM DEYA
VIP Junglist
been putting too many movie samle in tunes recently. is it cheesey, wot u recon? :scally:

i think that right sample for the tune can definately add some atmosphere to it, Tech Itch - The Green for example, but some samples can get really cheesy, and it seem recently, as soon as a new film is realeased there is a new dnb tune with a sample of it on, people jumping on the 'epic film sample tune' bandwagon i think. :pat:

"the world around me drops
replaced by worlds beeing created and destroyed
by my imagination
"

If thats a cheesy tune, i'll burn all my vinyls...

But like monsieur Indi said, be moderate, and avoid freshly released blockbusters.. Is better if the sample actually contains somethin clever, or somethin relevat to the tune, or even somethin that has personal importance to you.

(y) :rslayer:

GorDo said:
"the world around me drops
replaced by worlds beeing created and destroyed
by my imagination
"

excuse my ignorance but what tune is that from?

Film samples make a track i reckon as long as they sound good, lol.
I mean if you hear it and strait away u think "oh thats tom cruise in top gun" its bullshit.. like most the movie samples in tech itchs tunes, i have no idea where they came from. which makes em minters.
however, If you can cut a phrase from a film wether it be popular, old, new, whateve,r so that no one recognises it but it sounds like its made for the tune then thats a talent in itself.
dark tunes with samples talking about evil and the devil are cheesy as fuck i believe raiden brands it comedy horror or summat.. but a dark tune with a sample that is well thought out really makes u feel a way i cant describe(u might have noticed im very drunk) raiden calls this clever dnb. i think tunes that are clever dnb are.. erm... yeah "the green". lol. ""turf war" by km & ls.

film samples are good when they are selected right.
"Hooligans anthem" by Audio & Mackie is a good one for a movie sample (football factory)

just been up all night chopping up a sample from Face off! i think it is wicked! goes on about tracking down the master criminal...blah blah...then at the end beore the drop goes "there was only one way to catch him....to become him".

lokki said:
just been up all night chopping up a sample from Face off! i think it is wicked! goes on about tracking down the master criminal...blah blah...then at the end beore the drop goes "there was only one way to catch him....to become him".

sounds sweet, ill hire it out tonight and use it...

...... only jestin :bounce:

oh yeah, i found an old story record in my old mans collection called "tales of mystery and imagination" by edgar allan poe, read by bill mitchell. records like this can give you some really smart samples :evil:

i found some really cool samples on a hypnosis CD once :rasta:

"you are an independant, confident, woman - you do not need cigarettes..... BOOM!! BOOOOOMMM!!! BRAWWRERR!!!"

Dustek said:
I've made a funky tune built around Warriors samples.

"Can you dig it?"

ok boppers lets get down to it!

pwei did this like 15 years ago

and undercover agent "warriors" suburban base 97

sorry man didnt wanna ruin your tune, loads of tunes nick the same samples.

sorry no offence intended

theres some good ones on i, robot

is it easy to rip dvd audio on a pc?

Never heard the tunes - though I was pretty sure somebody had already sampled the film. They sound fairly old skool :)

Anyway, ripping is easy.

you got classics like "star wars" samples (Fatal & Raw "100 years", "If you only knew the power of the dark side. . .")
Theres loadsa good stuff you can rip samples from. I have a good 1 but don't wanna say cos i don't want anyone thieving my ideas.

I'd have to say my favorite use of film sample is on Hype's
Dead A's from Monty Python's "The Meaning of Life".
Remember that scene with Death? Good Stuff.

Slacknote + Dj Hidden - Where's the Score? [Evol Intent]

love the REQUIEM FOR A DREAM bit innit.
quality stuff. :slayer:

i love em. the more original the better. I got some ideas from scum. i think ray winston is a junglist.

wheres ya tool!!!! lol

Back
Top Bottom