Are dubstep beat patterns the same as dnb beat patterns, just slower?

mr meh

VIP Junglist
So do dubstep beat patterns follow the same sequence as dnb patterns, but just with a slower tempo?

i.e. kicks on the 1st and 11th.....etc?

They can be but generally no.

Dubstep usually focuses on the high hat shuffles to move thing along.

They can be but generally no.

Dubstep usually focuses on the high hat shuffles to move thing along.

This, alot of Dubstep is written in half time but it doesn't have to be. Its like dnb there are no rules, just make it around 140bpm

have you heard of drumstep?? if you slowed a drumstep beat down to 140 youd have something similar to a dubstep pattern, but normal dnb beats slowed down to 140 would sound like breakbeat because they have 2 snares each bar like explained!!

have you heard of drumstep?? if you slowed a drumstep beat down to 140 youd have something similar to a dubstep pattern, but normal dnb beats slowed down to 140 would sound like breakbeat because they have 2 snares each bar like explained!!

You can get none half time dubstep you know, what do you think it sounded like before 2005? It was just more Garagey

for real.. i just cant see that being dubstep personally, it loses all its aspects of how dubstep sounds to me, the swing is gone, and the vibe is so different i guess it is dubstep i just dont like that stuff

for real.. i just cant see that being dubstep personally, it loses all its aspects of how dubstep sounds to me, the swing is gone, and the vibe is so different i guess it is dubstep i just dont like that stuff

This is one of the tunes that defines dubstep for me and it aint in half time.

Last edited by a moderator:
fat tune scotty :) and it still sounds like dubstep! sick.

and yeah i agree with phat sam that drumstep is still written at 170+ because they use dnb breaks with snares removed at normal tempos

this is an example of mainstream drumstep,

you can always imagine a regular dnb pattern on drumstep tunes to check if they are 170+ aka drumstep

---------- Post added at 22:56 ---------- Previous post was at 22:56 ----------

p.s i dont condone this music

Last edited by a moderator:
im a bit confused now

i always thought that dnb drums were written at around 175bpm and the bass written at half tempo

and with dubstep you write the drums at 70bpm and the bass at 140bpm?

im a bit confused now

i always thought that dnb drums were written at around 175bpm and the bass written at half tempo

Pretty much :)

Like I said earlier dubstep focuses on high hat swing and has a more garage influenced drum pattern (I mean check this, a tune which has alot of influence of dubstep drum patterns).

im a bit confused now

wow. now that is the most confusing thing ive read on this page, ive never heard of anyone writing bass on their dnb tunes at a half tempo and never heard of this about dubstep either!! When i write a regular dnb tune i write everything at 170 plus end of

dubstep and drumstep normally follow the same beat partern but one is at 140bpm and the other is 175bpm.

Dnb is different

im a bit confused now

please i cant stress that this just doesnt make any sense and you are confusing people by posting this information!! when tracks are written they are all written at the same tempo none of this writing bass and drums at different tempos

Back
Top Bottom