Apply the effect of a plugin over time - Cubase SX3

mikeknight123

is it possible to apply a plugin to a track/multiple tracks over time? like if i want to sweep an eq over 4 bars of the track(s), not on the whole thing.

if so how can you do it in sx3?

thanks!

wow wasn't expecting a reply that quick! thanks

thanks for the help yeh i am just starting to understand how to use automation..

but how can i do the same thing to more than one track? like all my drum tracks? ive only figured out how to write the automation while messing around with one track. i tried a group track but it didnt seem to do anything

You can send the tracks to the same send or fx buss and use automation from there.

tell me if you need more help

(sorry for lack of proper terminoligy lol)

when i send all the tracks through an effects channel or a group channel or whatever it doesn't seem to affect the tracks completely.. it does a bit but not much :S

like if i then turn the volume of the effects track down to 0 it reduces the vol of all the tracks but not to 0. almost like its sending it to the channel AND still the master out.

maybe im doing it wrong but heres what im doing:

- created an effects channel track and choose my plugin.

- on each track i want it to affect clicked the 'e' then on the right side where it says 's1' chose the effects track, turned it on, and put it to 0.

- then i changed the settings of the plugin from the 'e' on the effects track but it didnt do *much*

im probably either doing it totally wrong or missing like one button so if you could help that would be great!
thanks

Last edited:
turn off the dry signals. try to rout it so that your dry signal (no effects) is down -inf dB and your fx channel is 0dB for example in fruity loops i would send the tracks to the FX channel n stop the dry signal from escaping to the master

ok well i think ive figured it out.. i had to press the little button next to the on button that i guess sends it first so it doesnt go to the master out...

but now because i have lowered the vols of the tracks themselves when they come routed through the effects track they are all the same volume and i cant change them in the mixer as i would normally

is there a way around this?

any ideas? this ones killing me!

Dude, its simple :)

The button you clicked next to the 'on' button is the pre-fader button. Simply adjust the volume of the sends with the slider underneath the buttons (or around, wherever it is lol, I aint got SX3 open right now).

Bobs yer uncle!

HTH

doesnt that just effect the volume that it sends to the fx channel? right now i have a bunch of tracks that are playing through the fx channel AND the master out. i want the plugin on the fx track to completely affect the tracks not only partly.

anyway ive kinda figured it out differently

if i do a group track not fx then instead of sending the tracks to it i choose 'group 1' or whatever i call it instead of the master out in the track settings - didnt notice this before

but yeh thanks for all the help guys :)

Back
Top Bottom