Apple watch - would you wear it?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Teddy, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

inb4 apple faggotry etc

Does some cool useless things, but could you and would you wear this thing for the whole hour until the battery dies?

pro
    does stuff

con
    look like a bellend.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  2. djad

djad leo the lion

I have to be honest I usually only look at my watch when I want to know what the time is... The geek in me wants to think these watches are cool but I reality Im not so busy that I cant just pull my phone out my pocket to read a text or whatever. Im sure the interface will be great but I really just couldnt give a shit.

3. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

what! fuck no, i wear a breitling. goddamn macintosh dubstep watch, have you no sense at all.

4. Silent Impact

Silent Impact Member

Unreliable crap. Would not wear.

5. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

well eventually there will be loads, so some that look good to you.. they will release hundreds of styles... also, eventually no doubt you will be able to call ppl on them.. which would be nice to not have to carry a heavy phonec and feel like your carrying nothing...

also, its gunna get to the point, where your in a pub right... and you like the look of a bird... you both send each other a little buzz thing to say you have seen each other or whatever.. and right there and then in the pub.. you will be able to see her name her profile and all about her and she will be able to do the same for you, see what your into , if you both have mates in common etc.. if you both 'accept' the buzz... otherwise it'd be a privacy thing.. but that's where its gunna end up... infact... wheres it gunna end up is contact lenses like google glasses.. an d you where them ... and as you walk down the road.. peoples names and details will be hovering over their heads or just a profile type hologram detected from each person who willingly wears the lenses or wears the watch... if you wear the shit your allowing other ppl to access it, that's where its all going ... youll be able to see ifd some fit birds single and find out her favourite music , then go to the bogs and quickly edit your favourite music to be the same as hers , and then approach her like...WUUUDDDDDUUUUPPPPP... within the next 5 years.. mark my words.. pulling is gunna be so fucking easy.. itll be done via fucking data and computer you wont even need to talk much.. unless your an ugly fucker or fat or all like derp around fit birds... theres no app for derp

6. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

still way to big an chunky. and still apple. so no

I am looking forward to the day that a small and light android watch appears tho...other problem with them all tho, is that they require a phone to work, so whats the point?

7. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Currently Putins Koala

I think the design of the watch is better than the Android only watches that have come out already.

That's about the only good thing I can say.

Its a gimmick, faze, whatever. A fashion accessory at most.
    It will be extremely over-priced for something that won't have the same capability with your apps you use on your phone.
    The constant pairing with your device will drain the battery (and notice, Apple haven't actually stated the battery life of the watch when pairing with your phone, which has to happen for it to fully function)

All in all - why not just pull your phone out of your pocket and do everything you can now without looking like a completely smeghead staring at your watch every 5 seconds.

I think I'll stick with my Casio

8. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

minor detail really, i didnt first know if i should report sams post or thank it, but hes got a point there, he really does. putting a sim card in a watch shouldnt be a problem at all. but i wear handmade leather bracelets and silver rings like it was the 60s, so what do i know.

9. EWOKS

eventually you wont need a phone to pair it with.. then you can be all shorts and tshirt with nothing in ure pockets, as you can use the watch to pay for things... and call ppl etc ..

10. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

also firing poison darts on some sterling archer ish.

11. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

This.

12. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

Watch is a piece of jewlery these days and not really necessary to tell the time (as you have phones etc...) So I believe they should look nice. Unfortunately these don't so I wouldn't even consider buying one.

13. DNB4DCrowd

DNB4DCrowd Active Member

I would wear it I guess, although I think they're going the wrong direction with style. The first one by Google looks more futuristic (I think it's by Google). So yeah, what we have here is the result of appealing more to women and the old fashioned. The futuristic look probably doesn't go over as well with the ladies. The ladies like the elegant look and many older people like the traditional watch look as well. Just my thoughts. However, everyone knows you can't be more dependable than Apple, and I'm sure just the quality and features alone are going to make this watch a hit.

14. Dark Lizardro

Dark Lizardro The Lizard that has a hammer Staff Member

I can't afford it.

15. EWOKS

as i said.... they will make fucking loads of styles.. ones for women, kids, adults, hipsters, trannys, gay pakis. the lot. just wait. there will be fucking loads. and some will look decent to your preference...they arent fuckwits... they are'nt gunna make loads of watches that look like fuckin lego toys.. or they wont cartch on.. we are talking about apple here .. i think the research side knows how to make something look good enough that we think it looks good... just give it time.. loads of us will fuckin have em.. maybe not the 1st gen ones.. but eventually.. gay pakis imo

16. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

So you really get your phone out every time instead of simply taking a look at your watch.

17. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

I don't have a watch.

If I did buy one, I'd spend a lot of money on it and use it like a nice piece of jewlery.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparentley, Apple hired some big watch designer yesterday. I can only assume the above is correct and just these are just the start

18. Menosance

Menosance aka OSOI

Pointless, pointless, pointless.

From a marketing standpoint, it doesn't make sense. Watch collectors wouldn't buy this because technically it is not a watch (refer to Scott's ^^^ argument if lost). iPhone owners, who bought an iPhone just because of its brand image they wouldn't need it. Executives travelling around the world?? They are starting to shift to Windows Nokia, let alone buying the watch and their job would make them more inclined to buy a timepiece rather than an Apple watch. The only segments that I can see that are viable are athletes and Apple fans, which in my opinion is too small of a market.

I bet that iWatch will be discontinued for in 5 years' time. Tbh I think in 2 but then new usage for this technology will be created.

Watch it flop :teeth:

19. fractal

fractal Well-Known Member

of course people will buy it regardless of what it does

20. herojuana

herojuana hairy kuala

It looks shit compared to the moto 360.

smart watches are a mugs game anyway.

but i you get one I guarantee that this is the most expensive and worst. The dial on the side for control... really? that can't be comfortable to use or good.

I like Apples new strategy of innovation which is copying anything happening in the android ecosystem