apple mac headz.. opinion!

_MILLA

Flamboyant muthafucka
VIP Junglist
Ive been makin house/dubstep/dnb on my pc for a while now.. think i wanna up my game and get logic running on a mac!
so ive got a choice! .. i cant afford a brand new one so im goin second hand!

what would you suggest is best value for money and best out of the two?

Apple macbook pro 13"
2.4ghz
lion os
pretty much new, still boxed... 690quid ono

or

Apple imac 21 (2011 model)
2.5ghz quad core intel core i5
500gb hard drive
12gb ram
perfect condition
6 months old
750 quid ono

argh! help ?

Not a mac head myself but I have used them. I vote imac mate!

Of course though, the macbook could mean you could make tunes anywhere if that makes a difference to you. eg. if you were on holiday and had it with you could whack a loop out if you were feeling inspired! :P

I use an Imac which has basically the same specs and its great having a big screen and more computer power but sometimes i wish i had a laptop instead because i'm always coming and going from work or sometimes i just wana sit on the couch and knock up a quick loop instead of sitting at desk. But yeah if you dont travel much a sugest the Imac too

i got a macbook because i expected to make tunes on the go. done it 2x in the last 3 years. still love my macbook, but that imac is set up with a better processor.

I have a MacBook but I'm looking at getting an iMac for the studio and using my MacBook for personal use instead of production.

I would definately go for iMac!

Also do you know somebody with a mac and logic? Have you tried it at all? I went for a mac and got logic and couldn't get on with it! Wouldn't want you to pay that money and get logic then not like it!

I use a MacBook.same specs as u mentioned.get that and get more ram.u can still put a Tyne together but I'd have to bounce everything.a pain.
You have more flexibility in that u can get a monitor or 2 and plug them in to use as an iMac
Logic is a beast
Good luck

imac, but check out other daw's on pc, before hopping to logic, as ur paying so much for the mac you could get a much better spec pc, i was gnna go mac but studio one with enough vsts and im happy, plus without a massive hole in my pocket!

my PC has a bitch fit trying to run multiple tracks on FL at dual-core 2.3ghz, so don't know how that macbook would handle logic. laptops probably arent the best choice.

imac, but depends if ur gonna dj out and wanna play ur tracks on traktor/serato

I have the macbook. . . .I travel a lot and get most of my ides when I'm out, so being able to work on stuff at the airport or where ever is great. I wil say though. . .When buying a Mac, just buckle down and get a new one. The don't really depreciate so getting a used one is only a few hundred from new anyhow. . . unless you got someone selling one cheap

Get someone to build a PC for you and install OSX.
You end up with a computer that has the same amount of processing power as an Imac but for half the price

Get someone to build a PC for you and install OSX.
You end up with a computer that has the same amount of processing power as an Imac but for half the price
Great idea, but much easier said then done.

Even if you're tech saavy, it requires a bit of research & effort to ensure you purchase the very specific components in order to "trick" the osx into thinking that you're using a factory Mac.

Of course if time is on your side and you like building shit, go for it, you will definitely save some coin.

Cheers.

theres plenty of guides online on building a hackintosh...

search it.... I think the equivalent of a high spec iMAC i7 etc cost about 700/800, and the MAc Pro equivalent is more like 1000,,,... worth it ... but theres the pain in some things might not work and stopping updates as it may cause ur system to fail etc, i looked into it... then decided against it!

Back
Top Bottom