apparently the government...

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by BDS, Jun 13, 2008.

1. BDS

BDS Active Member

are putting forward plans to monitor every phone call/text message/e-mail sent in the uk! its gettin more like 1984 every fucking day mang!

read it on the bbc website a while ago

can u believe this shit?

2. souljah

souljah liquid lover...

doesnt thaat happen anyway..........

3. BDS

BDS Active Member

no some phone calls but thats about it

4. B1aDe

B1aDe Hear me now!

They will say it doesnt but it really will do. Great way of picking up on suspected terrorism. How would we know they are doing it anyways... it's not like we have a sensor on our phones telling us we are being scanned.

5. alz

alz compress to impress

In the UK its currently illegal to tap calls, any evidence gathered can't be used in a court case, so I think they want to open this avenue up, I'm guessin that while they do this they figured they could kill a few birds with one stone and hijack all the modes of communication, it'll be a difficult bill to pass tho, because it is really taking away civil liberty, although I'm pretty sure if any country was going to go the way that Orwell predicted, it will be England first.

6. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

yeh it does in a way..... there are aparently "trigger" words that will trigger a Mi5 to record your phone calls etc..... But these in the past couldnt be used as evidence in court..... but..... since the terrorist act.... they can now use phonecalls, texts and emails as evidence.... how true this is i dont think any of us would ever know.

But in my opinion... under the "terrorist act" they can pretty much do what they like..... the only way to truely monitor terrorist activity is to monitor all communications..... which is a good thing.... but.... they are criminalising the general public and starting to infringe on human rights.....

But hey.... what can we do??.... in the end of the day we have no say..... the government can do what they please...... thought there was something called a Democracy in this country??.... seems non-excistant at the moment.

7. Sammy_Dodger

Sammy_Dodger Mr Ed

They monitor your calls if you have more than 3 phones in your name!

8. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

nope.... it is legal to use tapped phone calls as evidence now.... think there was something passed under the "terrorism act" about this......

9. safety

safety double safety

bothered. if they wanna listen to me and my mates arranging a weed deal, let 'em. if they wanna listen to me ringing up my ex and giving her some verbal over the phone then let 'em. if they wanna listen when i ring up premium rate number for a thirty second quicky, let 'em. if they wanna listen while i threaten my boss with a sexual discrimination complaint because she caught wanking in the toilet then fuckin' let 'em.

10. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

caught wanking in your work toilet??? HAHAHA!!

thats quality mate!! might start one of them threads with a poll that you like so much! hahaha..... "who wanks at work" HAHAHAHAHA:D

11. Sammy_Dodger

Sammy_Dodger Mr Ed

Theres someone both me n you know that springs into mind Rocks!! haha

12. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

yeh i know..... i think im going to name and shame!!

BEBOP!! hahahahaha...... be ashamed....!! hahahaha......

wipes his ass backwards too!??? strange!?? hahah

13. BDS

BDS Active Member

I hatye the government they are also trying to make u buy a licence to buy and smoke cigarettes its dicrimination!

14. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

yeh thats sooo dumb!!

i bet the licence will have an expiry date aswell.... just so that you have to fork out another £60 odd quid..... :mad:

15. BDS

BDS Active Member

yearly m8!

16. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

You're wrong about the 'monitoring'.

'Monitoring' means listening in/recording.

The government proposal is a log of communications.

So its not going to contain your message "Sort us out with 4 gs" but instead going to contain "xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx sent a message to yyy-yyy-yyy-yyy at 2:32am, Friday the 12th." Or "Dustek wrote crap on dnbforum at 12:35, Friday the 12th"

Fortunately the storage capacity necessary to record every message is much too large for this to be feasible AT THIS TIME. However pretty soon everything can and probably will be recorded.

Yeah, the UK is Big Brother. Orwell is having a laugh. I'm sure Banksy could get caught if all the cctv recordings in London were collated.

17. duffer

duffer Under Mi SensI...........

If the government want to lsiten to me discuss al qaeda then carry on im off to my training camp in iraq in a few weeks anyway :lol:

Allah!

18. safety

safety double safety

that is? what the??? he does what? and how do you know?

utter madness

19. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

yeh very true.... but i wouldnt under-estimate what Mi5 or the government is able to do..... i know for sure that they can pull up any text message sent.... as to how far back they can pull one from i dont know..... but where i work there was a fraud case where a collegue was sending customer details via text...... they managed to get a considerable amount of the texts which he had sent... exact content of them etc.... so..... if this is the case.... they could possibly be able to do the same with phone calls..... maybe not a "full" history of calls.... but maybe going back 2-3 months etc.......

20. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

he wipes from between his legs towards his nut sack.....??? how strange is that.... theres quite a high possibilty of a shit stained nut sack!?? or worse!!....

his mrs decided to tell us about it at a pub one night when we were considerablly under the influence of alchohol! haha