Apollo Two (LTJ Bukem) – Atlantis (Marky & Spy Remix)

I like Marky & SPY, but they have bastardised a few things recently.

Their stand alone productions are top-notch, they just need to chill out on getting carried away on classic material.

I like Marky & SPY, but they have bastardised a few things recently.

Their stand alone productions are top-notch, they just need to chill out on getting carried away on classic material.

Agreed.

They didnt need to touch Nosher, as Baron's remix is already a stone cold classic.

The remix of Atlantis is actually alright. Is it just me though or have they removed the 'I Need You' vocals from the intro?

Agreed.

They didnt need to touch Nosher, as Baron's remix is already a stone cold classic.

The remix of Atlantis is actually alright. Is it just me though or have they removed the 'I Need You' vocals from the intro?

Yes they have. It would have sounded ridiculously chipmunk sped up that much.

Yes they have. It would have sounded ridiculously chipmunk sped up that much.

Fair point

I heard Andy open with it on a set the other day not knowing that it was the remix at the time and was wondering where the vocals had gone! But its time for people to stop reinterpreting/remixing/re-editng some of the classics.

I'm sure the accapella would be readily available on the internet though.

"I need you, I want you, I want your loooovvvvvvveeeeeee."

Remixing isn't about getting a song to sound better, it's producers variation on it, he makes it his way, gets it a new tone, the tone that he would like it to have. All you're doing is comparing it to the original... which is blissful indeed, hard to beat that for sure. But is it about beating it? This remix is totally different, more "modern" like, leaks energy all over. Is it imo better, worse? No, it's different. I am not willing to confront them, why would I? Instead I'm gonna enjoy both and so should you.

i'm not keen on this. it's a good effort, but the main hook doesn't work well at this bpm.

17 odd years of history tied into that track will make it an easy target for 'hate' as previously noted, but at the moment i`m indifferent but only heard it once on a low q stream !

The fact that people moan so much about most older tunes and this, one of the top 5 classics of ALL TIME, isn't getting completely flamed means it's a fucking good remix.

I love the original long time but i will be pleased there is an updated remix that i can actualy mix with up to date drummer. so long as it comes out of course. BUT i massively dont care bout this remix if the vocals arent there. renders the whole catch point of the tune pointless if you ask me.

i'm not keen on this. it's a good effort, but the main hook doesn't work well at this bpm.

As much as I am sort of feeling it and don't think Marky & SPY have killed the vibe of the tune I agree completely with the bit in bold and think it really brings the tune down. Kind of inevitable really though speeding a tune like Atlantis up as much of they've done, along with leaving out those vocals, was always going to sound a bit odd. After a few more listens I'm a bit undecided.

As much as I am sort of feeling it and don't think Marky & SPY have killed the vibe of the tune I agree completely with the bit in bold and think it really brings the tune down. Kind of inevitable really though speeding a tune like Atlantis up as much of they've done, along with leaving out those vocals, was always going to sound a bit odd. After a few more listens I'm a bit undecided.

For real, the speed is a massive factor. The music is so much faster now, it's not surprising that the intro sounds slightly odd.

I agree with the point someone made about remixes not trying to be better than the original. It's just another producers version.

With so many DnB artists making slower tempo tracks on albums it would be interesting to hear someone remix Atlantis at its original speed.

I've listened to this loud now on that Andy C NYE set.

Not good.

It is like Alien Girl/The Nine etc, there simply is no need to remix apart from tempo issues...

In fact I may start a thread.

Back
Top Bottom