Aphrodite & MC Sugar @ Glade 2005

miszt

BASSFACE Royale
VIP Junglist
Dunno how many peeps from here went to Glade, its not a DnB festival, infact its mostly Psy Trance, but they had Aphrodite playing, which had me really excited, coz itz not often you get to hear 2 of my favorite genres playing one place, but, omg....ok, so I dont really like MC's anywayz, but what is it with MC Sugar? I dont like to be blunt, but there was absolutly no talent in his performance, and couldnt hardly hear the music underneath!

Why do so many MC's feel they are the centre stage over music? I can appriciate good MCing, although as a rule i dont really like it, but when itz well put to the muzik and not some ego-booster for the MC, its great....whats that about?

Have i got it wrong? is MC Sugar better than his performance @ Glade? or maybe I dont recognise good MCing when I hear it...?

either way I woz really disapointed....really could have done with sum nice dnb to stomp to after pretty much non-stop 4:4 beatz!...but I walked out within 20 minutes coz he just pissed me off :mad:

:wtf:

same thing drives me crazy on pirate radio...or am I just 'not getting it'?

sugars seems to get slated all the time.

i havnt heard him recenlty, but he used to be ok when i last saw him 3 years ago.

what is so bad about him these days?? im curious

Ego basically, we already knew that he was called MC Sugar, but he seemed to need to tell us that every 10 beats! And it woz so loud, it completly drained out the music, and well his lyrics wernt excatly inspiring, more like a Personal Jingle... :sadbana:

The more rude boy you are, the more you like your mc spouting rubbish and ruining the mix.

Me, I'm one third of way from "no fucking mc ruining the awesome music for me please" to "rabid vocal diarrhea & random nonsense covering the track is my thing".

I'm only one third of the way thanks to Stevie and the few mcs who know that they're supposed to be quiet unless they've got something valuable to add. I can stand them but I don't love them.

Having said that - I often like my dnb&jungle with vocals. Studio recorded ones that have prepared with a little thought.

Most of the gigs I go to have no mc and little vocals... its a lot different in the UK.

Last edited:
are you that thick you cant seperate the two sounds? they compliment eachother,or does your brain get confused if there is to much going on? i appreciate the tracks and the vocals of an mc if they were shit they wouldnt get booked!and if people didnt like them they wouldnt be called for, but enough of that its all been said before , and fozzy you cock i dont laugh at the fact that u got a gay name ,so dont laugh at my views:finger2:

once again mc slaters are bac fair play if you think a mc doesent sound goo d but different strokes for different fokes ! personally sugers for me is a good mc ! but most peeps on this forum are moaning old men when the subject of mcin comes up. its part of dnb scene so get used to it :lol: same old shit differnt thread .:cat:

popeye said:
wats funny you cock?

Jesus man chill!!
IMO Sugars is not a good MC, i like MC's, i think they compliment the music and bring another dimension to a show that would usually be just a bloke behind some decks. BUT.......
Sugars has a really rough voice and he lacks lyrical content which is important for me in an mc.
You don't have to take peoples opinions so seriously mang.

you dont have to comment on my opinions or tastes! i didnt permit you too ,why did you feel the need to go to the effort of quoting what i wrote just to mock it? you sound like a bit of a cock to me

Dj_Fozzybear said:
Jesus man chill!!
IMO Sugars is not a good MC, i like MC's, i think they compliment the music and bring another dimension to a show that would usually be just a bloke behind some decks. BUT.......
Sugars has a really rough voice and he lacks lyrical content which is important for me in an mc.
You don't have to take peoples opinions so seriously mang.
:word:

look at you dustek runnign your mouth on the internet, you will meet ll sorts of people in life just shows how shallow you are to have to put someone on ignore because of there views geek

lol ok, well, I have heard a few MC's I've liked, dunno who, but they had talent, they where in tune with the music, in time with the musik, and not screaming gansta bullshit over the top of a beautiful JohnB Breakdown,...!

popeye said:
you dont have to comment on my opinions or tastes! i didnt permit you too ,why did you feel the need to go to the effort of quoting what i wrote just to mock it? you sound like a bit of a cock to me

lol omg man, chill, your starting to sound like MC Sugar :P

didnt mean to start war here, was just saying what I thought of MC Sugars performance @ Glade2005, as i dont have anything to compare it with, I thought I'd ask!

popeye said:
are you that thick you cant seperate the two sounds? they compliment eachother,or does your brain get confused if there is to much going on? i appreciate the tracks and the vocals of an mc if they were shit they wouldnt get booked!and if people didnt like them they wouldnt be called for, but enough of that its all been said before

I didnt say anything negative about MCing that compliments the musik!!

Your an angry dood mr Popeye, itz all good, other people are allowed to disagree with your opinions you know, itz not ment with disrepect, so maybe you could do the same? :)

The thing that keeps musik alive and evolving is diffrent tastes, without it wuld stagnate, and we'd probly have stopped making musik thousands of years ago

miszt youre a safe geeza but dont, i repeat, do not try to reason or explain (let alone apologize) to that fucking troll popeye, theres no point. im telling you, popeye is someones racist cunt trolling alias, set up just to fuck with people and talk shit.
dankalicious was banned, jungalist murda was banned so whys this popeye character allowed to run rampant?
now i dont want him to get banned mind you and i never did care much for consistency but i cant help but wonder.

Back
Top Bottom