AOR - Dee Tone (snare advice)

The whole mix is bad. So it is difficult trying to figure out what is wrong with just one element.

Firstly thanks for listening. Any more specific help? I'm newish to it all in terms of mastering? Is it just the sounds themselves you dont like or the tune?

It is not the tune. You have lots of change and interesting things going on. It is how all of your sounds(different tracks) fit together. Not a single one is clear. They all Clash. John Mistz one of the better producers on the website wrote a mix tutorial on how to mix better. I believe this is in the producer section. Try looking it up and following it the best you can. Then re-posting.

I like the musical elements, nice vibe to it, but yep the mixdown is very wonky, dont worry u'll get it...this should help (the post IV4 was refering to) http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php?120686-Mixdown-Tips&p=1025177

i think the issue with the snare is lack of top end sparkle, try adding a nice sparkly open HiHat that hits with the snare, and you might want to EQ the snare up a bit, give it a hi-shelf from around 1khz until it sounds sparkly, but its kinda hard to tell with the mixdown all wonky...keep at it tho, musical elements are nice, only bit i dont like is the synth that comes in half way, kinda 8bit/amiga type sound, i dont think it fits very well, but artistic choice

thanks for that link, was trawling through trying to find it. I'm just off to work but gonna come back try sort it out. I hope you guys will be able to listen after I'm done. Thanks for your help, its much appreciated

Back
Top Bottom