anything similar to netsky

lol didnt realise how much people hate netsky around here. but again cheers for all the recommendations

dont take it too seriously, theres a bit of a popularity contest for people to be more underground than each other in circumstances in which commercial artists are listed. your always gona have peopl you will see JUMP at the opportunity to express what a noob you are. but they always take this opportunity to stroll the moral dnb high ground its never personal

---------- Post added at 10:49 ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 ----------

i would personally reach for the deeper liquid, stuff like mutt that has been suggested, some good ones:

calibre, LSB, Komatic, old alix perez is my fav, oh you might even be partial to a bit of lenzman

Last edited by a moderator:
dont take it too seriously, theres a bit of a popularity contest for people to be more underground than each other in circumstances in which commercial artists are listed. your always gona have peopl you will see JUMP at the opportunity to express what a noob you are. but they always take this opportunity to stroll the moral dnb high ground its never personal

Going to have to disagree with you there. I don't think it matters how popular or commercial a tune is. I personally loved everything Hospital used to put out which was all over the charts. But around the time Netsky came on to the scene their production quality got taken over by ear piercing catchy synths that may get 1000 16 year olds bouncing up and down in a room 1 but when you sit back and listen it just comes across as lazy and annoying. A lot of the stuff listed above is definately not underground but the tracks are intelligent, well orchestrated pieces of music that really uplift you rather than pump annoying sounds at you over and over again.

Going to have to disagree with you there. I don't think it matters how popular or commercial a tune is. I personally loved everything Hospital used to put out which was all over the charts. But around the time Netsky came on to the scene their production quality got taken over by ear piercing catchy synths that may get 1000 16 year olds bouncing up and down in a room 1 but when you sit back and listen it just comes across as lazy and annoying. A lot of the stuff listed above is definately not underground but the tracks are intelligent, well orchestrated pieces of music that really uplift you rather than pump annoying sounds at you over and over again.

Well said!

SUMMED UP THIS FORUM PERFECTLY.

lol now listen i hate sidechained cheese on toast drum and bass more than anybody but i am merely explaining to the poor soul who started this thread why hes walked into a backlashing. im trying to prevent this kind of attitude:

noobie, before letting netsky rape your music senses to dullness and out of this space, time and universe, please go to youtube and listen to some logistics, nu:tone, omni trio, deep blue, foul play, blame, flytronix, aquasky, landslide, klute, phuturistix, seba, paradox, apex, cyantific and syncopix. that's just the top of my head.

forget you ever heard netsky! forget!

its a bit confusing for somebody who walks in unaware to the different forms of dnb

Last edited:
Talk about a post hitting the nail on the head

Well done sir

why dont you just accept it seperates the men from the boys and stop talking about it. get over it.

---------- Post added at 11:40 ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 ----------

seriously nobody gives a fuck that your too deep for netsky. lol.

I swear everyone used to bum Netsky on this forum before he signed to Hospital! Now all of a sudden he is hated! I admit i'm not a big fan of his newer stuff but his early stuff was pretty good. Anyway if you want good liquid listen to Lenzman, Furney, Calibre, Logistics, Fred V & Graffix, Nu:tone and all the other DJ's mentioned in this thread

Im a fan, fuck you all :D

And if you play to a crowd like this you gotta be doing something right..

306117_10150281528462029_85506412028_8075310_970497_n.jpg

But around the time Netsky came on to the scene their production quality got taken over by ear piercing catchy synths that may get 1000 16 year olds bouncing up and down in a room 1 but when you sit back and listen it just comes across as lazy and annoying

And if you play to a crowd like this you gotta be doing something right..

306117_10150281528462029_85506412028_8075310_970497_n.jpg

Rest my case..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom