Anyone wanna make a DnB wensite

number_9

I am looking for some people to build a dnb website with me. I am good with the layout etc. I have built websites for me and other people many times before. I would like some people to help with the content and the updating. If you would like to help out then please reply to this thread. I would welcome your ideas about things to have on this website. Please reply if you would like to be a part of it then i can contact you.

number_9

number_9 said:
I am looking for some people to build a dnb website with me. I am good with the layout etc. I have built websites for me and other people many times before. I would like some people to help with the content and the updating. If you would like to help out then please reply to this thread. I would welcome your ideas about things to have on this website. Please reply if you would like to be a part of it then i can contact you.

number_9

It'll be quite hard to top this site and dogsonacid! You'll need some bad ass designer's and nuff links to do it!!

Would like to help but this market is full, use your time to think of something new that hasn't been done before!

DOA sell records. I am not going to do that. I wanna try and do a site with information and also give sessions to up and comming djs or something, it was only an idea that i came up with. I wanted to see what the responce would be. There is no need to be like that is there? maybe it would be hard to compete. That is not all whats it about though. Even if there is a community that uses your site etc, then it is a good thing. I just want to do a site as my last project is comming to an end as i have been forced to run it on my own. Which i was unable to do because i got college, work, football etc.

Sorry mate, didn't mean to be arsey bout it, just think there's too many site's to be competing with. I mean the reason DOA's popular aint cos they sell record's (well they don't chemical do) but cos of the sheer amount of people that are sharing knowledge on there! Man that website is a community not a record shop!!!!

Who know's your site could create something new without you even knowing it. I bet when DOA was made they were doing it for the same reason's you are thinking of it now. The problem is that was then and this is now. If you had this idea back then and did it then wicked.

Now you need to think of something that can link up and coming DJ's together and in a new and fresh way. You need to give them a reason to log off DOA cos otherwise, competing or not, no-one's gonna go on your site.

No hard feeling's mate, just giving you a bit of constructive critisism!! All I can say is, don't just focus on it being a website, try and bring a different angle to it.

Best of luck mate, what your doings a good thing :2thumbs:

DOA is less a DnB website and more like a virtual bar where people ramble on and on like drunks.

I agree, theres really too many DnB websites to deam making a new one. That is unless the DnB websites out there are lacking a feature that you think is important. If theres enough people that feel a new DnB site with that missing feature is important then you'll do ok.

why do I see this response on dNb forums whenever anyone mentions starting a new site?

"Ooohhh .... !! Don't make any drumNbass tunes, I already have heaps of good ones !!!"

What's the story? A site can survive whether its a city based ting like Melbournejungle, or more national like Bassdrop, or worldwide like DOA. Some people don't just get stuck on one forum you know, variety is the spice of life. Just don't let the BIG sites dominate for the simple reaosn they were there first.
Go for it mate, offer something honest and original and you will get up hopefully.

I'd be up 4 adding some content to the site. I think the reason why people are been a bit negative about the whole Forum building at the mo is becasue they feel that maybe your content on the site will be very similar to everyone elses. But that will always be the case with any D&B site because, we are in the same music scence together & the news articles that arise within the music will affect us all as a community rather than individual forum's.
Motion I do agree that a new platform of info will have to be added to the site to keep you coming back reguarly & a little individual features need to appear to make the guests & members enjoy using it again & again, but that will happen over time once you see how people begin to navigate the site & start placing post's asking for extended features & new content & thus will be the beginning of a posting haven!!

Just don't steal our news like some other popular DNB web sites!

Or anything else for that matter.

See your points. I know that there are lots if dnb sites out there, and good ones too! So maybe it is best just to be part of a good site.

Back
Top Bottom