Anyone using Pioneer CDJ-400 ?

Oria

Any comments ? good/bad ?

Reading the spec seems like it handles mp3 on USB HDD which is cool for taking whole collection out but manual suggests cannot search for files ?

Have checked cdj-200/400/800. Have bought the cdj-400. No problems and nice mixing all the way... You can use +-6 / +-10 / +-16 pitch steps..

cdj-1000 can be better, dont know.. But cdj1000 has no usb port which i dont wanna miss. Go to the next shop and have a look..

Im using a CDJ 100:rolleyes: its a quality deck seeing its lowest in the cdj family but pitch bending can be abit shit, Im sure the CDJ-400 is a good peice of kit!

..cdj-1000 can be better, dont know.. But cdj1000 has no usb port which i dont wanna miss.
I was thinking to have one deck and one usb hdd with my collection on. Is there a deck that allows a track to be 'set' and then another mixed in from the same device ? So effectively has a ch1 and ch2 output ?

I was thinking to have one deck and one usb hdd with my collection on. Is there a deck that allows a track to be 'set' and then another mixed in from the same device ? So effectively has a ch1 and ch2 output ?

Well on the track select rotory knob you can have a track playing, then scroll through your usb stick, laptop, and hover over it until you wana select it. So super quick cueing so to speak :) But only one output. I'll be selling mine very soon if you interested, only 6 months old.

Last edited:

dns8000.jpg

don't like the cdj 400. jog wheel is too tight/sticky. doesn't seem very responsive, really have to give it some to whack the track on (which is ok to an extent) but most of the time you feel as if you're getting nothing back from it. pitch is ok, but the whole unit is too small, not enough room to rest your hand on it and little things like that...
couldn't find a comfortable style to adjust to on it....

Back
Top Bottom