Anyone using JBridge?

Discussion in 'Production' started by mr meh, Feb 20, 2014.

1. mr meh

mr meh Well-Known Member

Just got a new laptop and I'm installing 64bit versions of all my plugins and Ableton on to it. However, I'm finding that some of my plugins are only available as 32bit, so I hear you can use this software called JBridge to get the 32bit vsts working with 64bit........anyone using it? Is it reliable?

2. flopix

flopix Member

I'm using it with Studio One for a pretty long time now and it never crashed or anything like that.So yeah its reliable.

3. mr meh

mr meh Well-Known Member

Ok cheers man, thought I'd ask as I've heard it can be unreliable.

4. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

I know Im not really helping here but i just bunned off anything that wasn't 64bit when moving to LPX. It's nice to have a fresh start in some ways and more often than not there is always an alternative plugin that can be used

5. lewis797

lewis797 Member

Check out 32 lives, it's a bit pricey but i used it when moving to LPX and had no problems at all, all my 32 bit plugins run just as smooth as before!

6. Mania

Mania i fukin wot m8

I got patchwork and jbridge for my mac. i can use any 32/64 bit mac vst that i want in Logic.
    You can try out the jbridge demo to see if it works well. mine had a few crashes in patchworkz, but joao helped me out heaps with sorting out the problems and i ended up buying the full version which he makes to your specs when you buy it. i could not recommend it enough, great product and a great service.

7. mr meh

mr meh Well-Known Member

cheers guys, I checked out 32 lives but its mac only (should have mentioned im on pc)

patchwork looks cool but think I'm gonna get JBridge as its way cheaper lol

8. scrubbly

scrubbly New Member

I started running JBridge a few months ago, Ableton on a Mac and have had no problems with it, don't know why I didn't do it sooner!

9. mekanist

mekanist New Member

32Lives seems cool, just keep in mind that it's only for Audio Units and only for Mac (obviously hehe). I personally use Jbridge for Mac, and its been fairly stable. It can be a bit buggy here (I've ran into sluggish GUI issues) and there, And Personally I don't like that my 32bit plugins end up in a separate drop down folder in ableton, but I suppose there's give and take with everything. Jbridge also ONLY works with vst if I'm not mistaken.