Anyone used the Behringer DJX700?

MC Motion

Custom Avatarmess
Messages
274
Likes
0
#2
Is that the one that copies the Pioneer DJM600 with all the effect's and shit?

If so avoid, the fader's will be gone in a matter of month's and apparantly only about 25% of the effect's are realisticly useable. It's fucking tempting though, a DJM for under £300, it's hard not to but i'm gonna listen to the sensible tax man inside my head and save for a DJM or and Allen & Heath.
 

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
Messages
12,717
Likes
17
#3
MC Motion said:
Is that the one that copies the Pioneer DJM600 with all the effect's and shit?

If so avoid, the fader's will be gone in a matter of month's and apparantly only about 25% of the effect's are realisticly useable. It's fucking tempting though, a DJM for under £300, it's hard not to but i'm gonna listen to the sensible tax man inside my head and save for a DJM or and Allen & Heath.
Can't understand why people compare it to a DJM600, it's not the same price! Compare it to other ~200£ mixers ;]
 
Messages
154
Likes
0
#4
sdm@work said:
Can't understand why people compare it to a DJM600, it's not the same price! Compare it to other ~200£ mixers ;]
I was told never to go near anythng made by behringer if i wanted to keep sound quality. Never used this mixer though but ever one say s the eqs are shite.
 

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
Messages
12,717
Likes
17
#5
iamahistorian said:
I was told never to go near anythng made by behringer if i wanted to keep sound quality. Never used this mixer though but ever one say s the eqs are shite.
Fair play, I have read reviews. 75%(ish) say that it is good. But there are some quite poor reviews too.

Undecided!
 

MC Motion

Custom Avatarmess
Messages
274
Likes
0
#6
sdm@work said:
Can't understand why people compare it to a DJM600, it's not the same price! Compare it to other ~200£ mixers ;]
Its hard not to when it look's just like it!!!!

Steer clear trust, too many gadget's on there for it to be that cheap and retain it's quality. If compared to other -£200 mixer's i'd rather have a 2-channel Vestax PCV mixer even though it's only got a 2-band e.q.

I'm a bit biased toward's effiency I must admit cos I batter my equipment and i've had to buy so many fader's in my DJ lifetime that i'm just sick of them. I've even had bleeding e.q's when there has been bass pumping out of the left channel with the e.q. set down and only when I physically shake the e.q. it stop's!!!
 

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
Messages
12,717
Likes
17
#7
MC Motion said:
Its hard not to when it look's just like it!!!!

Steer clear trust, too many gadget's on there for it to be that cheap and retain it's quality. If compared to other -£200 mixer's i'd rather have a 2-channel Vestax PCV mixer even though it's only got a 2-band e.q.

I'm a bit biased toward's effiency I must admit cos I batter my equipment and i've had to buy so many fader's in my DJ lifetime that i'm just sick of them. I've even had bleeding e.q's when there has been bass pumping out of the left channel with the e.q. set down and only when I physically shake the e.q. it stop's!!!
I got a completly busted up Vestax PCV-175, it lasted about 2 months. I know people with Vestax that are fine, but wasting that much money on a Vestax has put me off for life.

Cheers for the comments so far boys :thumbsup:
 

inf0r

/!\ Dainjah /!\
VIP Junglist
Messages
582
Likes
0
#8
sdm said:
I got a completly busted up Vestax PCV-175, it lasted about 2 months. I know people with Vestax that are fine, but wasting that much money on a Vestax has put me off for life.

Cheers for the comments so far boys :thumbsup:

Is there any discernible difference between the PCV-175 and the 275? Other than the colour I can't really see any difference??

I'm only bringing this up cos I've got the 275 and it's cool as coke?

Sorry to hear you're bad experience, thinking back I can recall when you pretty much just had it and the fader fucked up? Sure it was you anyway..
 

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
Messages
12,717
Likes
17
#9
inf0r said:
Is there any discernible difference between the PCV-175 and the 275? Other than the colour I can't really see any difference??

I'm only bringing this up cos I've got the 275 and it's cool as coke?

Sorry to hear you're bad experience, thinking back I can recall when you pretty much just had it and the fader fucked up? Sure it was you anyway..
Yeah it was me! First the fader, then the channel faders.. It got worse after that!

Triple M's old gold thing is fine, and so is Billdingo's wide blue thang! Prolly just a one off I'd imagine.

I don't treat mixers like shit, which is why the Behringer seems like a good buy. Plus I need four channels!
 

Serum

Well-Known Member
VIP Junglist
Messages
2,101
Likes
153
#10
The early PCV ones were pretty dodgy, faders used to go in them all the time when I was selling them but I think they've got it sorted.
I think the problem was that it was a new kind of fader and you can't get in it to clean it but the dust still gets in like a motherfucker. Seems like they tried to make a cheapo copy of their more expensive faders but it took them a good while to get it right.

A shame companies have to release products when they're not ready, doesn't do much for their reputation. Gemini UMX ones were surpisingly slick for the money as I remember and used to have a 1 year warranty on the crossfader, which had a great curve for scratching. haven't seen these around in a long time but they were worth a look on a budget, maybe there's a 4 channel one. Not sure what the EQs and that were like but i was impressed with the faders when i used them, and a steal for the price
 

Triple M

Admin
VIP Junglist
Messages
3,719
Likes
22
#11
I think they look real good.. I wouldnt mind one for that kinda price..
But the trusty old Vestax PMC-170 is still going fine, only had to change the cross fader once in the time ive had it..!
 
Top