Anyone use Guitar Rig on their tunes?

mr meh

VIP Junglist
So i got Guitar Rig as part of Komplete 7 but the few times i tried it, it was making my basses and such sound way too harsh, plus there is so much stuff in guitar rig i didnt really know where to begin with it so ending up shelving it.

So does anyone here use it? If so is it worth putting the time in to learn how to use it properly, or should i just buy something like Decapitator instead?

Definitely. Guitar Rig is nice because it comes with some lovely tools besides the guitar plugins (ex. TransAttack)...however, that was with my Komplete 8 kit so I'm unsure if they're included with Komplete 7.

As a rule of thumb, when I use any of the guitar rig distortions on a bass sound, I set it up as a send. I find that putting it directly on the bass channel really causes that harsh bass sound.

The reverbs in guitar rig are just ok, but I find the compressors, noise gates and phase/tube effects are quite lovely when used sparingly.

And if you have a real guitar plugged in through guitar rig, you'll really notice the impact.

Definitely. Guitar Rig is nice because it comes with some lovely tools besides the guitar plugins (ex. TransAttack)...however, that was with my Komplete 8 kit so I'm unsure if they're included with Komplete 7.

As a rule of thumb, when I use any of the guitar rig distortions on a bass sound, I set it up as a send. I find that putting it directly on the bass channel really causes that harsh bass sound.

The reverbs in guitar rig are just ok, but I find the compressors, noise gates and phase/tube effects are quite lovely when used sparingly.

And if you have a real guitar plugged in through guitar rig, you'll really notice the impact.

Thanks lost, yeah i was applying the distortion directly to the channel, i'll try using it on a send next time. Cheers.

Also do you have any recommendations for distortions to use? There seems to be so many in guitar rig...

fine advice about putting it in as a send!!

some of the traktor plugs are nice aswell! all round a great plugin and a lot more diverse than you'd expect!

it does get a bit strong with all the options of amps and cabs, it really depends on the sound your putting through and what your trying to grit up. so many i cant even think of my favourite right now in fact!
just play!! they all have a character taken from classic amps.

Yeah i use it on my mid bass layers sometimes but i distort really sparingly otherwise it just sounds way to much. Try flicking through the presets until you find a sound you like and then adjust to taste, by changing or adding different reverbs and amps

i use a pod 500hd, same sort of thing. I love it for adding a bit of dirt. the trick is to turn it down a bit from the presets as guitars require quite a bit more coloration than synths generally do. for basses, you dont want to distort the low frequencies, distortion on low frequencies makes for mud and ugly sound. try a send with a bpf or hpf and then into guitar rig, and mix with the original again. this can work well with drums too.

agree with lostnthesound...........i always try and keep my low end of the bass clean as i can. so i normaly make a duplicate of the sound im using without adding any effects if i can help it and then i make sure it MONO. then the high and mids of the bass u can fuck up as much as u want. i havent got round to using any of the komplete programs so unfortunatly i cant help u in that subject :(

Back
Top Bottom