Anyone up for having our own competition?

DJ Uken

man there's enough people on this forum with some seriously sick skills, and I'm thinking why not have our own little competition amoungst ourselves, everyone and his dogs entered the Kam challenge, but this ones just for us DnB forum heads.

No prize needed, just a bit of fun to see who'd be crowned the forum new comer 2008.

we'd need a free Hosting site which counts the amount of downloads.. and some general rules such as two decks no CDJ's or ableton etc 45 - an hour in duration, if you've made your own beats, sweet buss em in your set!!

let me know what you think (obviously not thinking I'd win) but would be interesting to check out some of your Mixes.

here's a sample of mine, there's another one coming gonna be heavy - Laters Uken :lol:

http://www.mixstation.net/comment.php?dlid=1159&ENGINEsessID=0e91669fd9b92e4ae21950de6634e55d

JESUS CHRIST.

JESUS CHRIST.

YOU KNOW WHAT, I'VE JUST INVENTED A NEW SPECIAL TYPE OF MUSIC USING ONLY BROKEN BEATS AND 170 BPM.

Just for us dnbforum heads.

Arggggghhhhhhh.

Which means, read the fragging forum, have you not noticed the fragging dnbforum mix competition threads and posts from today?

Arghh!

BTW Spyda is better than Eksman and Hazard is not anything like Pendulum three years ago. And when is Machete coming out?

Cool man, just a suggestion from me thats all, nothing set in stone at all - if people are up for it we can discuss the general bits and pieces - take it you'd be interested?

Uken

Sounds cool but whats with the limitations?
Why cant someone use cdj's or final scratch?
How r producers supposed 2 play their own tunes?
Good mixing is good mixing, it shouldn't matter what type of equipment is used, its still mixing two songs together...is it not?
View attachment 2379
my turntables are occupied @ da moment!!!

man there's enough people on this forum with some seriously sick skills, and I'm thinking why not have our own little competition amoungst ourselves, everyone and his dogs entered the Kam challenge, but this ones just for us DnB forum heads.

:2thumbs:
-30mins
-everything allowed except of ableton etc.
-no dubs
-VOTE BY POLL!!!(so everyone can vote!!!!)

Hey man - do you reckon there's another way??

appreciate your gonna get slightly misleading votes - anyway I'm still up for putting one together even for a bit of a laugh - Think DGee will be - even if it's us two - could even do parts - like one Jump Up - one Tech / Rolling one chilled out

Uken :afro:

doesn't work blad, the guy with most friends wins

In germany theres competition too. Organized by forum members. Every style, 30mins, every month 6 djs, after six months all the winners.

Works great and there are a lot of votings of members which doesnt post so often.

This is just for fun..! If there are (over) 60 people voting, it doesnt matter if you have 10 friends...

Its not about to win.. Its about to get some critics about your work. we got every month 10pages of comments by users. And many times the old favorite members (who got a lot of friends in that forum) lost against ne, unknown members..

We thought that there will beef between the member if you give bad critics, but there isnt..!!

I think the last contest here wasnt interesting for the users..
1. nobody is downloading 11 sets about 45minutes - its simply too much..
2. its not interesting for users to await comments of 3 judges.. - why should they post?? This way its only interesting for the DJs.. noone else cares.. For me it wouldnt be interesting even as DJ. If i win i got 3 votes "well done".. I prefer 50 comments like "could do better this, could do better that.." about my set!
3. choose a winner by judges insnt correct here - The judges can only judge fair if they rate only the skills... There can be 2 sets. one with doubledrops all the time and the other with simple mixing all the time.. Doubledrops are more difficult but not everyone likes it like that.. In my opinion no judge can choose there really best set!

30 minutes time is ok for DJs to put their fav tunes in their sets and its ok for newcomers too.. 30mins full power!!!! Quality > Quantity!!

BTW: here are a lot of more users than in that german forum, so we should get much more votes..

doesn't work blad, the guy with most friends wins
Im not here to win this contest.. Im Djing sice 3 months.. I can not even make a clean set.. In germany there are sets without ONE clear mix all the set, but who cares... Then the others will tell him how to do it better and so on..

Its a bit like skating.. If you are falling down nobody will be laughing...!! Its all about respect..! And i think we are old enough to handle that substantially!

And we dont post the name of the djs.. In that poll you can choose only Number 1, 2, 3..... So nobodywill know who is who.

Im down 4 shizle...Heres another suggestion;
How about every one in the comp picks 25 songs, we add up the totals, choose the 15 songs with the most votes and thats what every 1 gets to work with...Every dj has to mix the same 15 songs. Thats the only way i think is fair 2 really determine who can mix the best...Every body starts out even, and from their its up to you to create your mix.

Haha, im in djing since 2 months and have only 15 tunes... :smash:

No, that would be a limit for ourselves.. And we had to choose one style..

Not possible imo..

Back
Top Bottom