Anyone up for a new DNBFORUM mix????

Nicee. How many tracks/mins you after? I got probably get my section down either tonight or tomorrow.

im in! might do a little section of older tunes since i havent bought any new tunes for awhile

done a few of these for the forum before...here is a little thing i wrote as guidlines on how to do it, wether u wanna follow em is up to you but through trial and error i found this was the best way...

Da Rools...

There are 2 ways to do this....

Each DJ mixes out of the previous DJ’s Mix, so, speak to the DJ before and after you. If you don’t have the tune the DJ before finishes on, get the previous DJ to add a tune you do have to the end of his mix, then u pitch it up and roll, I will edit them together after.

OR

Download the previous mix, sling it in ya CDJ or play out of ya lappy and mix straight out of the mix, this makes it easier to edit and there will be no dodgy cuts.

All to be recorded in 320kbps and 4400Hz sample rate for top quality audio...

Make sure you let your last tune play out until the end so the next DJ can mix out.

5 tunes each, this does not count teases, so if you can cram 30 tunes into one tune then so be it.

Be Creative, look at other style in the mix previously and see what you can add to the mix, if there is a load of wobble, then smooth it with some tech dance floor, let’s explore every aspect of the genres in question.

No dodgy dubbage, any illegal beats in the mix then u will be out I am afraid. Unless its ya own/made the tune or grooverider is ya dad.

I might end up putting deadline on mixes as i ended up waiting for weeks for one mix last time, can’t be arsed with that to be fair.

thought it may help ya!

---------- Post added at 18:54 ---------- Previous post was at 18:53 ----------

i may think about taking the jump up/dancefloor mix on if there is interest and if u want to do a seperate genre mixes.

this sounds pretty good, il be down for the jump up part, but at the minute i can only record onto tapes :lol:

Dont think you'd except them now will you. I may miss the deadline for this but can go round a mates and record it properly.

I think we'll get a more consistent result if we follow the list of names as they sign up and pass on your t/l to the next person which was one of Joey's rules on the previous jump up mix we did. Seemed to work well. Everyone can plan a little bit better for their mixes and not repeat any tunes.

do we need to have the tune that the last person ends on or does it not matter? obviously id like to know what tune the person before me is ending on so i can choose something that mixes well!

well we did a communication thing, were u drop the previous DJ a PM, see what they are feelin, were they are gonna go with their mix and work something out with the next DJ...its all about communication this bad boy, it will either me heavier than susan boyles over hang or be shit like herojuana's tache.

Sorry Muzza, but I think im using Reverse Engineering as my last track ;)

I've had a change of heart, I'll probably drop some drumfunk for my section. A sub-genre just as heavily under estimated as darkstep on this forum. Probably be a little easier on the ears and better for the flow of the mix.

Looking forward to this one!

Wicked, this mix should be heavy no doubt! are we settled on doing it in the order of that list then? im gonna be dropping some techy rollers...

Ill probs decide my genre when I see the tl of the guy in front of me; don't want to break a mood or replay a tune!

If that list is the order we're goin in do i need wait for Alz's tracklist?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom