ANYONE UP FOR A DNB 15 MIN MIX JAM-A-THON ?

BeyondTherapy

VIP Junglist
ANYONE UP FOR A DNB 15 MIN MIX JAM-A-THON ?

saw this idea working on another board,they only did it for 10 mins in which in my train of thought and some of the reactions on the thread wasnt long enough >

so 15mins would be fun ...

5x15=75mins [ thats 5 different mixes that can fit on 1 cd ]

nice ...

only rules id say that should be in place are >>

a]it 15 mins or below
b]its recorded to a filesharer like sendspace/megaupload/rapidshare or your own server space cause ysi 25 hits ?? yuk leeches will have that away in one night
c]play what u want / who cares if its not the latest cdr/dub if thats not how you get down fuck it dont !! be yourself !!!
d]have fun thats what mixing is about having fun if its not fun dont do it ......
e]get creative

look i dont mix much no more but i see loads of new guys that in my eyes are very hungrey to get into this music industry thing ?? why i dont know but each to there own so in my eyes doing more "fun stuff" like this could help those hungrey practising and getting noticed more ...

anyway are tell you what are do ... i hate to say it but even i the panty inspector will traincrash a mix just so you lot can finally have a laugh at my efforts .......

so whos down ... if we get enough people for it / its got to be worth a giggle ... nothing gained nothing lost / no winners no losers just people having 15mins of musical fun ... standard .....

:mr_cool: :cowbell: :mr_cool: :cowbell: :mr_cool: :cowbell: :mr_cool: :cowbell:

i would but it would take me a day to get the mix on my comp, plus it'd be godamn ugly :dynamite:

defo like tohear though
good ideas panty :sixty_nin

theres no rush for it ,just be nice to hear how everyone who has turntables gets down ...
be it if they think there good or not compared to others ,its fun something in the world of turntables and mixing thats being lost,the new heads just getting into the scene need this sort of thing to boose there confidence and learn its ok to be themselves and not stress over major mixing skills/over im not playing the latest stuff/ if anything 15mins is a taster session for all the mixes in a 1-2 hr thread mix they put up /people can quickly get an idea of what tunes that persons into etc etc and when it comes to them placing a big long mix up praps they will get more hits as people have heard how they play etc ........
its got to be hard for someone just getting into it who wants to branch out and place mixes up and feel why aint they being d/l or commented on,dis hearting for the scene cause even though its seriously hard to break into the scene just as a dj you can do it,takes alot of work,but if there not putting mixes up,they wont get the following they need etc etc ......
ive seen untold amounts of long mixes done by unknowns that i should d/l and check out but cause of my connection
its slow to take down and id rather know if its worth it or not,praps im different in the fact by thinking a small promotion 15 min taster will make me want to here more from that dj in the future .....

hopefully this may inspirate some of you to join in n have ago ..

i just done this at 2.15am this morning lol ... dam tired and alittle vodka always helps ....

purpose is this is how i get down tune wise n mix style wise

listen laugh enjoy thats what musics about ,entertainment standard ....

when n if this goes ahead in the tracklisting/mixes area are do some more proper things .......

anyway ......

pom pom .. no t/l as hay its a taster risk morn session just to inspirate the serious to come out join in n play .. wurd d/l @ your own risk to your ears .... lol

[can panty mix or not ??? ] lol

link >> http://rapidshare.de/files/17230483/215am540615minmix.mp3.html

enjoy :hotpants:

I like your style panty'specta
I'm up for it, will upload something quick for yas tonight, about 12 mins worth I think ...

okay here is the first 11 mins of a mix I did back in september 05, its not meant to be a mash-up of furious mixing, just some rolling dnb I find very enjoyable.
Its the first part of a hour long mix I did, if anyone likes this I'll post the rest up for you.(y)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6UH5PGZM :slayer:

cheers

I actually recorded 15mins of Black Sun Empire action, however upon listening back to my recording the audio skipped, grr!

I'll give it another go later on or tomorrow.

SHOTGUN BLACK SUN EMPIRE, THEY'RE MINE!

sdm !!! when u get it up n running do you want to start that mix off in the tracklisting area ....

u may aswell get the ball rolling sir ...

15min show case its yours !!! cant wait for it ,now im gunna have to put me thinking cap on to come up with alittle sumthing sumthing .......

no where did i put that cap..................:hagglers:

done mine. Its just going through the processes (tape 2 computer) Should have it posted up by tonight :2thumbs:
Not the best thing i've done but i still had a laugh doing it. Are we putting tracklistings?

Back
Top Bottom