Anyone seen The Wedding Crashers?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by sdm, Jul 28, 2005.

1. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

2. mISHKA

mISHKA Member

Yep, I saw it the other day and to be honest wasnt expecting much after I saw these two in "Dodgeball" and thought it boring.

This one though - much better! First new film thats come out thats actually made me laugh out loud - proper funny :D :D

3. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

Yeah Dodgeball had it's moments, but it's certainly not a patch on this! Although it's only got Vince Vaughn in it, not the blonde guy too (y)

4. Alba

Alba geddiddinya

i love these type of comedies... anchorman, starsky hutch, dodgeball etc. i wasnt aware of this one, will chase down now :)

i need some comedy today.

5. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

Anchorman :love: (y) :uberlaugh

6. Alba

Alba geddiddinya

LOUD NOISES!!!

7. playtoy'

playtoy' anauric

im just going to put this out here and you...can...just play with.....and send it on back LOL

8. Alba

Alba geddiddinya

will farrell is one of the best. "cowbell.wmv" is springing to mind. you know that clip from saturday night live? while all the other guys are breaking up laughing he remains the consumate professional.

i got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell...

9. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

Yeah the cowbell scene rocked. I have that on DVD (y)

10. Alba

Alba geddiddinya

watched weddign crashers tonight... classic movie. meatloaf scene :teeth: and lemme just say isla fisher is the shiznit, i would love to sects her

11. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

Not seeing it.

Sigh... Part of being a "film critic" is that you watch a lot of movies that you normally would not. This is part of the discipline... Essentially, it is the type of film where if I were to come home with a burrito I might watch fifteen minutes of it on HBO and then go take a shit/masturbate. Seven months later in conversation the film will get mentioned and I'll be able to say, "Yeah, the part in Along Came Polly where the ferret walked into the trashcan was stupid." So, obviously, I had exceptionally low hopes for Wedding Crashers and I was not let down. Yup, Owen Wilson was his usual confused, overly-earnest and dull self. Yes sir, Vince Vaughn was funny at times, grating at others and is not aging well. The story was as unrealistic as any comic book inspired CGI schlock-fest but without all the tight spandex. Yeah, there were some tits to be ogled, but honestly, buying a copy of Maxim would have saved me $3. And I hate motherfucking Maxim. Still, there were brief moments of funny among a sea of shit.

Read the Ruthless review of Commando btw.

These guys love Commando and Werner Herzog films... if its crap, they'll say it.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2005
  12. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

Fair play, different strokes and all that (y)

However God was kind enough to bless you with your own opinion, maybe you should use it more often. If you *just* don't like this 'style' of movie, I'm left wondering why you're even in this thread let alone posting in it.

My two cents :teeth: