Anyone recommend a cheap sub?

Verva

Verva Music
VIP Junglist
Something that is not more than 100 and plays sub freq only, my one is a cheap movie surround sound sub and plays snares sometimes.

I have ns-10s and a okay ish amp so the sub on those is non existent.

Cheers

does your current one have an adjustable cutoff? If it does, roll this down to maybe 100Hz or possibly lower depending on how low the NS10's frequency cutoff is.

Aside from that, theres a few subs from the likes of citronic and samson that come in at around £150, but I wouldnt go as far as recommending them.

I've been doing much research on subs over the past few weeks and opted for the KRK10s at £300. Its got the best bang for buck, as far as i can tell.

I wish it did but no, i saw the krks ones too but all them are way over budget, i was on andertons and saw one for 1400! unreal. Ill just have to get a used one.

Can anyone recommend ones that are normally used, maybe old? I could easily buy one but i could waste money. Im not clued up on subs.

you'll be lucky man. Not many subs come on the second hand market, and if they do, theyre usually local pickup only. Looks like youre closer to london than I am though so you might be alright with that.

Go for a brand name if possible; yamaha, krk, adam & rcf all have good cheaper subs on the market. Do your research too, what inputs do you need? Do you need extra cables too? Splitters? etc. etc. etc.

Nothing worse than getting a new toy home and not having the right cabling.

Back
Top Bottom