Anyone quite techy with the net and computers ere?? internet connection prob

mistasfx

MISTA SFX
VIP Junglist
I have seriously slow net ere... like under 1mb!!!

We should be gettin 5.5mb. Ive been on phone to my provider and they say im deffo gettin that down my line and my router is gettin that speed into it but as soon as it gets to this laptop it slows right down which leads me to believe theres something on my lappy thats eating the connection.

Any ideas?

Jacomelli

J4COM3LL1
VIP Junglist
http://www.speedtest.net/ run this test to confirm that is the speed you are getting.. also make sure your line (if wifi) is a secure network as you may have sum nob connected to your wifi who lives next door. give that ago... if you still have issues. get a mate to bring his laptop round and check the speed also..

if all else fails.. speak to your providier and tell em you dun a line test and tell em to sort it out... it might be the exchange in you area is got too many feeds from it.

other then that i wouldnt have a clue. ;)

also try a few line speed testers to get a good reading......you can google them.

EWOKS

POTATOES GONNA POTATE
VIP Junglist
http://www.speedtest.net/ run this test to confirm that is the speed you are getting.. also make sure your line (if wifi) is a secure network as you may have sum nob connected to your wifi who lives next door. give that ago... if you still have issues. get a mate to bring his laptop round and check the speed also..

if all else fails.. speak to your providier and tell em you dun a line test and tell em to sort it out... it might be the exchange in you area is got too many feeds from it.

other then that i wouldnt have a clue. ;)

also try a few line speed testers to get a good reading......you can google them.
this .... run speed test .. best its pissin you off a treat .. i used to have (years ago ) shitty slow dial up .. net was wank , waiting for pages to load ect.. luckily now its fast as fuck

mistasfx

MISTA SFX
VIP Junglist
its slowly went downhill for bout a week.

used to get 5.5mb speeds then its slowly went down to under 1mb.

speedchecker says 1mb, its a netgear wireless router with sky broadband but that claims to have 5.5mb goin into it when i check that.

I dont even wanna speak to sky, them indian call centres are a nightmare. they read off a script so once u try and take them off script they aint got a clue