Multi Genre Anyone produce genres Other than DnB?

System800

I've been producing for many years (started seriously around '89), had my first stuff out on Formation Rec's / F-Project, '92/'93.. Since then I've been involved with various genres. I even remixed a couple of trance tracks in the late '90s, before getting involved in the Hardcore Breaks (oldskool) scene, using the pseudonym Brainstormer. Most recently I was producing Electro-Funk under the moniker 'LektroiD'. I was signed to labels such as Street Sounds (UK), Binalog Productions (Athens), and Dominance Electricity (Germany), as well as self-releasing an album.

I just wondered if anyone else has dabbled with any other genres?

nice. yes i have a black metal band and i used to produce a rock band. black metal is pretty all consuming tbh, dont seem to be able to do much dnb with that on my mind for some reason.

I make house now mate. Being doing d&b for a few years now and not really getting anywhere/progressing any further. The tempos too fast for me, find it hard to get creative in it.

Sounds like you've had quite a journey

Last edited by a moderator:
released a bit of trance on bansheeworx back in the day, i used to make allot of minimal/electro-tech techno too, just to play out, didnt release any; these days my main focus is dnb, but i dont feel restricted by genres tbh, i love them all, on a 120bpm filth vibe for the last 6 months, great fun :D also doin soundscape and film music stuff

soundscape and film music stuff is something I've dabbled with also...

soundscape and film music stuff is something I've dabbled with also...

awsome! would love a hardware setup like that to tweek, sounds awsome, did u do live sets of this stuff? got a pair of those tannoys myself, the name makes sense now! :D

awesome soundscapes you got going there... not to speak of the setup. WOAH.

dabbling in lots of stuff. doing minimal with a mate (who has a studio right round the corner from my 'rents place :)), making uplifting and liquid dnb and dubstep with another mate as subclash - and lots of neuro/minimalish dnb on my own.

whatever fits to the idea or mood im having i guess. not all of that is releasable tho. best at making liquid dnb atm i suppose..

haha wow quite the history, I've only been producing a year or two but I've dabbled in drum n bass as well as some dubstep and house

Impressive. I've been producing for about 3-4 years. Started off with happy hardcore (yeah, I know) then moved onto hands-up (don't ask) then I moved onto Hardstyle for about a year, then Dubstep. Dubstep was hard for me to get into, the groove and everything, but I persisted and got it eventually. Then one of my mates asked me if I knew how to make DnB, said I had no idea - But I gave it a go and ended up just loving it. Great style of music. I've tried electro and house back and forth every now and then to get an outsiders perspective too really actually appreciate producing, instead of doing the same thing over, getting sick of it. I've always wanted to try house, but I have no enthusiasm for it. If I ever did it, it would most likely be a collab.

I think it helps if you are a consummate beginner like myself. I find it hard to stick to any style. I just dabble in everything badly. It probably detrimental as you never really perfect any style or genre. I guess it might all come together one day.

Yep, that does look like an awesome studio *droool* Love the soundscape too and watching you create it :)

I also play guitar and work on guitar based tracks, though have probably learnt a ton more about production in the dance music scene which is very cool as I can apply allot of it back to anything guitar based as well. Guitar is all about keeping the hiss and hum down and noise gates can be especially useful, but finding completely different uses for them in this scene! :)

Last edited:
I actually hardly ever make dnb nowadays! Haven't done for months, will have too soon though for the forum comp :P

Back
Top Bottom