anyone not using computers?

Innovine

Just wondering if anyone here is producing drum and bass without computers, and if so, what gear are you using and how? I play live drums and it's going pretty good, but I find using midi sequencers and synth difficult, to manage presets and song structure etc, and editing samples is a pain in the ass. I guess I don't have enough patience with arranging and setting things up to run automatically once I play the drums.

I have an esx sampler, an access virus kb, and and emu xl-7 command station. Although I know how they work, technically speaking, I don't really know how to produce tracks with them

Last edited:
Its funny I was thinking about that the other day. It almost seems like the better you are at using computers the further you will advance or the better you will do. It would be really difficult to produce without a computer IMO

I feel like a GIANT computer geek when I sit at the computer producing for hours

well, I do computer geek stuff all day, so keeping it out of my music making time is very important to me. That's even a part of why I'm not diving into the sequencer and synths so much, it feels too technical. I try to keep music separate from tech stuff. I also like playing drums more than messing with synths, so end up doing it all the time :)

ive alwayz wanted to hav a go on one of these...

091e26be2efe1df49b36810481460a6c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom