Anyone made the switch from Cubase to Logic have any thoughts on the matter?

Discussion in 'Production' started by elmaruk, Dec 22, 2012.

1. elmaruk

elmaruk slannndaaaaaaar

2. Pauldavid

Pauldavid Member

I did a year or so ago and back on cubase to be honest...
    Logic defenitly has great stock plugins and samplers etc piss all over cubases stock plugs problem I found though was everything seemed slower to do then in cubase...for example somthing simple like fades on audio clips was a bit long winded in logic...not sure if its different now though ...
    Had a few crashes in logic which is standard for daws but was kinda hoping to be surprised using it and find it stable...wasn't for me though.
    Err I know some would disagree and say I'm imagining it, but I thought logic may of sounded slightly better then cubase...can't prove my theory or explain any better then that, but just my opinion ...
    The environment in logic is kinda handy and mixer layout can be made into somthing better looking then cubases mixer...then again I rarely use the mixer in cubase and work with the channel tab..environment is a bit confusing at first though.
    Overall I prefer the logic compressors and eq ...cubase 7 though seems to be an improvement ..

3. Nydus

Nydus All in the sig.

Don't know what version you ran but it takes under 2 seconds to make a fade. In the Inspector window (to the left of the arrange page), you can set fade in/out times by ms.

I used to use Cubase a few years ago, I always thought it was a proper man's tool, haha. It's almost as if they expect you to seek 3rd party plugs.

Anyway, I always thought Cubase was the superior audio manipulator & Logic was better with MIDI.

4. Binary_UK

Binary_UK Binary.

You wanna try Presonus Studio One. Its the best of both worlds :)

Sent from Andy C's trucker hat using Tapatalk.

5. lostnthesound

lostnthesound Burns Easily in the Sun

I jumped from Cubase to Logic a couple years ago and never looked back. The transition was seamless and I created my own key commands to reflect the shortcuts I was use to in Cubase. That said, most of shortcuts were already similar.

Both DAWs have their pros and cons, but I haven't regretted making the move to Logic. For me personally, I found the interface to be exactly what i was looking for after the first time msmith222 showed it to me. My only gripe is the never ending waiting game for Logic X. And to stop any potential rumors in this post--yes, it's still in production and no, Apple has no plans on abandoning it. On the contrary, they're most likely rewriting a good portion of it to make it an Intel only supported app with updated framework...or they're just really really slow.

I have heard amazing things about studio one...there is actually a winter sale on the pro version right now, but I digress.

6. elmaruk

elmaruk slannndaaaaaaar

ith cubase as i never use midi.

yes yes i agree with this, i think it's why ill stick with cubase as i never use midi.

7. sam the dnb man

sam the dnb man Variation

Logic 9 is good with audio. It needs some minor adjustments. It can be quite buggy at times.

They need to release a newer version soon. A lot of other DAWs are slowly overtaking Logic now

8. dj freezy

dj freezy Conman

+ 1 on that comment