Anyone know where to get a MP3/WAV of Renegade Snares?

I think your best bet is to get that Moving Shadow Anniversary CD mate, pretty sure the original & remixes are on there...

Failing that...

I'm guessing you want this so you can pitch it up to play in upfront sets, right?

Do what I did, buy the single off that same anniversary album & record it into Soundforge or whatever & pitch it up slightly in there...

Think you can still order it from HMV for £2.99 or somthing stupid.

Jobs a good 'un.

whats good to use to convert mp3's to Wav so i can cut tunes? Got a few things i wanna cut eventually and heard WAV is the best format to send.

any info = muchos appreciated (muchos is spanish for 'much')

Soundforge is a great prog. If you are converting an mp3 to wav, the quality wouldnt be as good would it?

Ideally Wayne, the master should be saved as a wav, then do the MP3's from the master wav.

whats good to use to convert mp3's to Wav so i can cut tunes? Got a few things i wanna cut eventually and heard WAV is the best format to send.

any info = muchos appreciated (muchos is spanish for 'much')

you want to convert a mp3 to a WAV??? whats the point in that???

only reason why people use wavs is because they are un-compressed audio.... when you convert to mp3 it has its top end frequencies cut off and also the low end (20hz and below) and is compressed..... so therefore... coverting a mp3 to a WAV would be a completely pointless thing to do....

If you want to send a WAV of a tune of yours to someone then mix down the track you have made in fruity loops or what ever straight into WAV then send that.... DO NOT CONVERT A MP3 TO WAV!!!!

come on mate... surely common sense would have told you that anyway???

Soundforge is a great prog. If you are converting an mp3 to wav, the quality wouldnt be as good would it?

Mine was recorded from the Vinyl anyway, so was never gonna be top notch...

I use Soundforge for pretty much all my recording/converting.

Ideally Wayne, the master should be saved as a wav, then do the MP3's from the master wav.

all the bits i've been sent over have always been 320mp3 but i was told recently that a high quality mp3 isnt the best thing to send when getting tunes cut to dub and that a WAV would be better, hence the question....

Would it be better going and asking for the WAV master than trying to convert the mp3?

Put it this way, you wouldnt be getting the highest quality sound from it. Everytime you saved it, the quality would deteriorate by about 30% I believe. You are best off to ask for the master wavs if you are getting stuff cut. Hope this helps :2thumbs:

you want to convert a mp3 to a WAV??? whats the point in that???

only reason why people use wavs is because they are un-compressed audio.... when you convert to mp3 it has its top end frequencies cut off and also the low end (20hz and below) and is compressed..... so therefore... coverting a mp3 to a WAV would be a completely pointless thing to do....

If you want to send a WAV of a tune of yours to someone then mix down the track you have made in fruity loops or what ever straight into WAV then send that.... DO NOT CONVERT A MP3 TO WAV!!!!

come on mate... surely common sense would have told you that anyway???

well obviously not....hence why i am asking the question in the first place. I dont produce or anything so my knowledge of some of these processess is minimal.

thanks for the condesending attitude though

Put it this way, you wouldnt be getting the highest quality sound from it. Everytime you saved it, the quality would deteriorate by about 30% I believe. You are best off to ask for the master wavs if you are getting stuff cut. Hope this helps :2thumbs:

Cheers man. Appreciate the advice.

So why is so much emphasis put on high quality mp3s? or is that j for CDJ users?

I think your best bet is to get that Moving Shadow Anniversary CD mate, pretty sure the original & remixes are on there...

Failing that...

I'm guessing you want this so you can pitch it up to play in upfront sets, right?

Do what I did, buy the single off that same anniversary album & record it into Soundforge or whatever & pitch it up slightly in there...

Think you can still order it from HMV for £2.99 or somthing stupid.

Jobs a good 'un.

Pretty much. Wanted to get a copy cut to a plate for a bithday present. got the slowed down version on plate but its not the same without the MK5G's.

cheers for help ppl ;)

It's great eh Mozzy, I have used it for years. Have you got 9?

No, but my Mummy has! :wave:

It certainly is great...

I don't know what I would have done without it, transferring my lifetime collection of Reggae to digital.

It took me long enough as it was, but being able to just continually record it as one track, then chop it & save it whilst the other was still recording was indispensable!

you can't convert mp3 to wav wayne. only wav to mp3. if you're looking to get tunes cut i guess you got no other option - unless you get the tunes sent over again in wav form.

Cheers man. Appreciate the advice.

So why is so much emphasis put on high quality mp3s? or is that j for CDJ users?

because esetinally you 'lose less of the sound' in a 'good quality (320kbps) mp3'

edit - i think the conversion rate from wav to mp3 is 10:1 - so you kinda get an idea of how much quality you're losing.

you can't convert mp3 to wav wayne. only wav to mp3. if you're looking to get tunes cut i guess you got no other option - unless you get the tunes sent over again in wav form.

i think i'm gonna have to do that man

like i said, i purely asked cos i thought a 320 would be good enough to get it put onto dub but then i was told a WAV was better so i thought if there was a way to convert it i'd be able to get some stuff done but now i know its not the case

cheers dude

Its all about 30000000000kbps mp3's anyway. Face melting sound quality. Literally you will listen to a tune and you'll end up looking like the nazi's at the end of Raider's Of The Lost Ark. They're that good.

so if i sent over a 320 to a Mastaerpiece and they cut it to dub, what would the quality be like? As long as it was decent enough to play out surey that would be alright? Then again, i guess dubs are renowned for how punchy they sound when you play them

Back
Top Bottom