Anyone know where to get a MP3/WAV of Renegade Snares?

mp3 wont make much difference from wav if it is 320kps

most dubs are cut from mp3s it would take an age for every producer to send wavs of thier tunes out and then the dj's woul dhave to spend hours sending wavs to the cutting house

just stick with your mp3 as long as its 320kps even a experienced mastering engineer will be hard pushed to spot much of a difference

wavs are used for proffessional mastering (ie getting a track ready to be pressed to vinyl)

so if i sent over a 320 to a Mastaerpiece and they cut it to dub, what would the quality be like? As long as it was decent enough to play out surey that would be alright? Then again, i guess dubs are renowned for how punchy they sound when you play them

they cut dubs from mp3 every day

because esetinally you 'lose less of the sound' in a 'good quality (320kbps) mp3'

edit - i think the conversion rate from wav to mp3 is 10:1 - so you kinda get an idea of how much quality you're losing.

A 320 kbps mp3 is compressed at a ratio of 4:1.

mp3 wont make much difference from wav if it is 320kps

most dubs are cut from mp3s it would take an age for every producer to send wavs of thier tunes out and then the dj's woul dhave to spend hours sending wavs to the cutting house

just stick with your mp3 as long as its 320kps even a experienced mastering engineer will be hard pushed to spot much of a difference

wavs are used for proffessional mastering (ie getting a track ready to be pressed to vinyl)

Superstar!

All the info i needed in one helpful, and more importantly, non condescending package....

Cheers Vapour

A 320 kbps mp3 is compressed at a ratio of 4:1.

safe.
this is where i was getting a little confused i think:

Uncompressed audio as stored on an audio-CD has a bit rate of 1,411.2 kbit/s, so the bitrates 128, 160 and 192 kbit/s represent compression ratios of approximately 11:1, 9:1 and 7:1 respectively

(y)

Sweet for clearing that up Vapour ...

I actually thought it would be near suicidal to get a plate cut from a 320kbps mp3, but obviously it makes very little difference :)

Which means Commix - Painted Smile is still getting cut :)

I actually thought it would be near suicidal to get a plate cut from a 320kbps mp3, but obviously it makes very little difference :)

thats the impression i was getting, so i thought i'd ask....

I think Machine & Gear may have to get done :)

practicly no one uses wav for cutting to dub i even used to send my tunes as mp3 to the cutting house when i used to get stuff cut

obviously it will make a VERY slight difference in quality but nothing worth writing home about and anyone who rekons they can tell the difference between a 320kps mp3 and a wav on a club system is talking shit

Back
Top Bottom