anyone know when the global gathering cd pack is coming out?

Dunno but im sure there will be a whole host of threads saying "PM ME WITH THE LINKS BLUD!!!!!"

Wouldn't be surprised mate.......hasn't he been doing that with quite a few packs this yr? Peace.

That's gettin long with Andy not being on any packs man, I don't see any real reason for him to do it

I'm pretty sure no one else does it

That's gettin long with Andy not being on any packs man, I don't see any real reason for him to do it

Nope can't think of any1 else either. You'd think he'd want to be on the pack, it's one of the biggest events of the year! Just seems arrogant to me.......

Nope can't think of any1 else either. You'd think he'd want to be on the pack, it's one of the biggest events of the year! Just seems arrogant to me.......

That's the thing man I don't even understand why he's doin it ...

I thinks it could be a quality control issue. Had the same problem with the Inno in the Sun 09 packs...Andy's set wasn't on it. I enquired with Inno and was told he wasn't happy with the quality of the set and hence wouldn't allow it to be on the pack

sorry, does not shy fx and roni size both often pull out of being on tape packs? i saw roni at a rave that came out on tape pack and he was the best artist of the night, by far and wasnt on the pack. mucho dissapointment

probably cos cd packs are bootlegs and none of the dj's or producers get paid for them
i understand that but he gets paid a big enough wage, why should he care?? i can understand smaller and lower paid djs being bothered about it, but its promotion for them being on a cd pack and another notch on the dnb bed post, don't understand andys attitude to recorded sets...are promotors not allowed to make more money after the event?? at the end of the day the ravers who pay to go want to hear the sets and have the packs aswell

I think at the end of the day a djs set being on a cd pack is giving something back to the scene, we can't go to every rave around the world so why should we be deprvied of the set just because we couldn't afford to go to Innovation this year? Fair enough if the set is recorded terribly, but even if the needles are jumping a little I'm sure people could look beyond that and still listen to the set for the selection, which is always a huge part of a set.

The other thing is, surely a djs set being on a cd pack is decent promotion? Not everybody can go raving every week or even every month and the way people hear fourthcoming records in full effect is either at a set, live, or on a cd pack

I could go on about this for ages, but I'll lose my way after a while lol But I do feel like djs should want their sets on cd packs

I'm still not sure why Ram / Playaz / Shogun / Hospital don't sell cd packs from their raves, they would make an absolute mint, the exclusivity of being at the rave is definately an understandable issue here, but surely they could let the cd packs go maybe 3 months after the rave?

I would still GLADLY pay good money to get my hands on Andy C's last set at the last Ram Records night at The End, or his first set at the first Ram Records night at Matter

People sell drum and bass cd mixes for what nearly £10 a pop? For me those two sets would be far more valuable, really is a shame the set from The End hasn't been let out, if it was even recorded, which it fucking should have been

Okay I'm done for now :)

I think at the end of the day a djs set being on a cd pack is giving something back to the scene, we can't go to every rave around the world so why should we be deprvied of the set just because we couldn't afford to go to Innovation this year? Fair enough if the set is recorded terribly, but even if the needles are jumping a little I'm sure people could look beyond that and still listen to the set for the selection, which is always a huge part of a set.

The other thing is, surely a djs set being on a cd pack is decent promotion? Not everybody can go raving every week or even every month and the way people hear fourthcoming records in full effect is either at a set, live, or on a cd pack

I could go on about this for ages, but I'll lose my way after a while lol But I do feel like djs should want their sets on cd packs

I'm still not sure why Ram / Playaz / Shogun / Hospital don't sell cd packs from their raves, they would make an absolute mint, the exclusivity of being at the rave is definately an understandable issue here, but surely they could let the cd packs go maybe 3 months after the rave?

I would still GLADLY pay good money to get my hands on Andy C's last set at the last Ram Records night at The End, or his first set at the first Ram Records night at Matter

People sell drum and bass cd mixes for what nearly £10 a pop? For me those two sets would be far more valuable, really is a shame the set from The End hasn't been let out, if it was even recorded, which it fucking should have been

Okay I'm done for now :)

Cd pack sales are down due to the internet and people bootlegging packs.
There are many reasons why people don't want sets in packs and alot of it has to do with the internet. A pack comes out and it's on every webiste for free weeks later. People rip tracks from sets and they are all over you tube. Some of the tracks are not even finished yet and are being tested by the Dj.

Cd pack sales are down due to the internet and people bootlegging packs.
There are many reasons why people don't want sets in packs and alot of it has to do with the internet. A pack comes out and it's on every webiste for free weeks later. People rip tracks from sets and they are all over you tube. Some of the tracks are not even finished yet and are being tested by the Dj.

Then maybe the promoters should just forget selling the cds and just publicly upload the set download links? Then no money lost right? But still taking advantage of the promotion?

I know people will always rip tunes from sets but, if the sets are uploaded at 128kbps and cut tracks end up on youtube, really, who gives a shit lol

Anyone playing out a 128kbps mp3 of a ripped tune is just gonna look like an idiot and there are enough people put there (on forums just like this) who will be happy to put to shame anyone playing an unreleased dub in a set

The whole thing is a bit of a double edged sword I guess, but for me one of the best things about drum and bass is listening back to the sets from a fresh cd pack, even if I wasn't there at the rave, and just enjoying listening to all the new tunes the big djs are playing, whilst not having them ruined by a dodgy system

DNBArena have been running DNBTVLive all year, with all kinds of artists playing full sets out live every week, sets which are ALL recorded, I don't see how that's any different from a cd pack? I would have thought it would be even easier for piracy issues to take place in this case

Then maybe the promoters should just forget selling the cds and just publicly upload the set download links? Then no money lost right? But still taking advantage of the promotion?

DNBArena have been running DNBTVLive all year, with all kinds of artists playing full sets out live every week, sets which are ALL recorded, I don't see how that's any different from a cd pack? I would have thought it would be even easier for piracy issues to take place in this case

Some raves don't make profit.. Cd packs are a good way for a promoter to make back some money. Why should a promoter pay to get a night recorded just to give it away to people for free ??? Plus there are still loads of people who want to buy packs that don't have internet access.

Having a set from dnbtv is different to having a set from a rave that you've just had a great time at with your mates etc.

Back
Top Bottom