anyone know how this bass is made?

i can't help but if somebody tells you to be original tell them to fuck off

it's ok to want to know how a sound is made (y)

There are 2 sounds...one is a square wave bass with chorus and low pass, Die used to use this alot. the otehr bit is pretty standard... that is my guess for 10 pence..and once you have found how ot make it make sure u post ur efforts up here.

shit song shit bass
He speaks sense does this man. However, it's fairly simple. make it with a subtractor. sqr waveform(don't tune the cents). low pass(preferably with the seperate filter, after a resample). use scream>initialize patch, tape and some body with resonance. Tinker with EQ alot as it seems to peak in the mid low section. take down all hi, and avoid crusty distortion at all costs.

He speaks sense does this man. However, it's fairly simple. make it with a subtractor. sqr waveform(don't tune the cents). low pass(preferably with the seperate filter, after a resample). use scream>initialize patch, tape and some body with resonance. Tinker with EQ alot as it seems to peak in the mid low section. take down all hi, and avoid crusty distortion at all costs.

See you gave it on a plate..the way to find out about how to make basslines is to get teh general direction..sqauare wave...low pas fileter...but the rest should be a voyage of discovery, a bit like the first time you had a wank

lol radius. i whole heartedly agree.

music should be like wanking in many ways.

two sines one at 50- 80hz sub, one at 200hz ish both playing different notes

the distortion over the top is for your own preference

here's my example.

sub bassline 2

always welcome :twisted:

now time to get fucking drunk and skank out!

laters ladies n gents

:slick:

It ain't easy to make original basslines, but its like anything Hendrix had a revolutionary sound, because technology had meant reverb, delay and phasing effects were available...also because teh rules of what defined a "good sound" ie, clean guitar, no distortion .....were broken...I guess it as you look at revolutionary sounds..its a combination of experimentation, technology advances, and breaking the norm..but the more eth sound is pushed, the harder it is to find something that sounds good that hasn't already been done.

It ain't easy to make original basslines, but its like anything Hendrix had a revolutionary sound, because technology had meant reverb, delay and phasing effects were available...also because teh rules of what defined a "good sound" ie, clean guitar, no distortion .....were broken...I guess it as you look at revolutionary sounds..its a combination of experimentation, technology advances, and breaking the norm..but the more eth sound is pushed, the harder it is to find something that sounds good that hasn't already been done.

True story man (y)

I'm still very happy with my bass line on the myspace 'just feels so...'. but it was due to ALOT of experimention. tutorials can only do so much for you.

if you watch any tutorials on e.g. 'how to make the phattest bass line', break down the elements, ask why the guy is using the settings on a certain plugin. play with the settings and experiment with all the possibilities - regardless to how good his sounds might be, because you can unlock something original and filthy by accident... and we all love a good happy accident.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom