Anyone know how much ? charges?

People really are paid shit in DnB aren't they?

My mate Tom plays Funk Soul Hip Hop & Broken Beat, ends up having to play in quite a few slightly cheesy bars like Smiths in Spittalfields but he'll get like £150...

I mean I've been paid £100 quid to do a set before, and I'm a nobody... You'd think even Brockie would be worth more than 2 me's...

Why is the "street value" of a DnB DJ so low?

dunno mate..... It all depends on who you know.....

No offence to you mate.... but i wouldnt pay £100 for you.... Neither would many promoters that i know..... can get Tantrum Desire for the same.... this goes to anyone else around our sort of level...

In dnb you really cant expect to get paid much untill your actually someone.... or untill you have a good agency behind you. Alot of promoters wont pay much... if anything at all to up'n'coming people.... thats just the way it is im afraid..... you might get the odd one or two promoters who havent quite learnt the ropes yet that will be willing to pay a up'n'coming DJ £100 or more......

The Mutant DJs Booking Fee for instance is £200 to the public.... that means if someone.... whos not in the scene...... approached the agency thats how much they'd expect to pay.... price differs compared to distance..... but if someone in the scene approached the agency it drops massivly......

Reasons behind this are mainly because, getting booked by someone whos not in the scene or is just starting out has no real relevance to your career.... things can go wrong..... there might be no one there.... AT ALL.... oh yes.... ive had that experience...... thats a whole next story.... anyway...... so Agencies/DJs put their prices up for this sort of booking...... where as.... if its someone in the scene booking you..... you know its gonna be a good night.... you know nothing is gonna go wrong..... and you know theres gonna be people......

dunno mate..... It all depends on who you know.....

No offence to you mate.... but i wouldnt pay £100 for you.... Neither would many promoters that i know..... can get Tantrum Desire for the same.... this goes to anyone else around our sort of level...

Yeah it was not an exclusively DnB night, my mate had got offered £200 quid to take care of the music in a venue for the night! We split it, I dropped some DnB, went down like a storm, Randomly Paul T was there so we had a good old chinwag and he said he liked my set so I was pretty chuffed...

I understand the economics of the thing, and as to why it costs more to book bigger names, why people who are up and coming get very little (if anything) etc...

But what I don't get is why the amounts in DnB are less than other types of music... It's not like DnB fan's drinks cost less, or that the club is gonna make less money off DnB...

Up and coming DJ's in other music genres get paid way, way more than up and coming DJ's in DnB. A bar will quite happily part with £100 for a Funk Soul Hip Hop DJ that nobody has ever heard of to play, yet no DnB night would pay £100 for a DJ that no-ones ever heard of...

Shit's weird huh?

Yeah it was not an exclusively DnB night, my mate had got offered £200 quid to take care of the music in a venue for the night! We split it, I dropped some DnB, went down like a storm, Randomly Paul T was there so we had a good old chinwag and he said he liked my set so I was pretty chuffed...

I understand the economics of the thing, and as to why it costs more to book bigger names, why people who are up and coming get very little (if anything) etc...

But what I don't get is why the amounts in DnB are less than other types of music... It's not like DnB fan's drinks cost less, or that the club is gonna make less money off DnB...

Up and coming DJ's in other music genres get paid way, way more than up and coming DJ's in DnB. A bar will quite happily part with £100 for a Funk Soul Hip Hop DJ that nobody has ever heard of to play, yet no DnB night would pay £100 for a DJ that no-ones ever heard of...

Shit's weird huh?

yeh... but in other scenes DJs arent really that important.... a club will book someone who plays the music they want...... for as little money as possible..... where as a Drum'n'Bass night..... if you havent got big names then no one will come.....

Funky House for instance..... as long as you can mix well.... and can get you mix heard by a club..... you will be booked..... in that scene people go because theres Funky House playing.... not because bob monkhouse is behind the decks.....

yeh... but in other scenes DJs arent really that important.... a club will book someone who plays the music they want...... for as little money as possible..... where as a Drum'n'Bass night..... if you havent got big names then no one will come.....

Funky House for instance..... as long as you can mix well.... and can get you mix heard by a club..... you will be booked..... in that scene people go because theres Funky House playing.... not because bob monkhouse is behind the decks.....

Yeah I reckon you've hit the nail on the head there - for other type of nights people are just gonna turn up, spend money, enjoy themselves anyway, so as long as the DJ aint awful then it'll go down fine...

For a DnB night people aren't gonna turn up unless there's someone playing who they wanna see... You don't get a lot of "passing trade" at a DnB night...

Well I'm glad that's settled then...

Yeah I reckon you've hit the nail on the head there - for other type of nights people are just gonna turn up, spend money, enjoy themselves anyway, so as long as the DJ aint awful then it'll go down fine...

For a DnB night people aren't gonna turn up unless there's someone playing who they wanna see... You don't get a lot of "passing trade" at a DnB night...

Well I'm glad that's settled then...

hahahahah...

yeh not much passing trade in dnb.... people dont walk past a club palying dnb and say.... "ooohh ill go there... be loads of birds"... hahaha... quite the opposite.... I know a club though where there is alot of passing trade for dnb and associated other styles of music..... but..... im keeping that to myself for the min! hahaha.... well... untill i move my night there anyway.. hahaha..

hahahahah...

yeh not much passing trade in dnb.... people dont walk past a club palying dnb and say.... "ooohh ill go there... be loads of birds"... hahaha... quite the opposite.... I know a club though where there is alot of passing trade for dnb and associated other styles of music..... but..... im keeping that to myself for the min! hahaha.... well... untill i move my night there anyway.. hahaha..

Fabric?

If he turns up ;)... Stitched up a mate of mine twice by not even showing up...
It was his loss the second time though, the venue was rammed!

cant happen mate.... Original Sin agency uses contracts which state if he doesnt turn up he has to pay a fine.....

If your mate didnt sign a contract.... then its his fault.... if he did.... then he needs to take it further and get some money back from the Agency..... fines are usually equal to booking fee....

I wouldn't let Brockie play at my event if he payed me to play. £700!!! Fuck right off!! lol.

brockie was bad at the carnival, i felt sorry for him. it must be hard to get up in front of a rammed street and fuck up as much as he did. his only saving grace was that skibba stopped the music so much because of fighting that he generally didn't have to mix, he could just start his next tune from the top.

back on the subject though. these producers charge too much when they're not that shit hot at deejaying. why not book noize or some other such forum deejay?

nah not Fabric..... this place is staying close to my little chest as possible untill i launch my night there....

There have been a few small nights there before.... never any monthly events..... plus theres a club just accross the road from it that i can also hire.... and have a different music policy.... anyway.... ssshhhh...

They (or we) won't get people through the door as nobodies heard of them... Even though they could wipe the floor with jokers like Brockie... But Brockie will make people turn up because they know the name...

nah not Fabric..... this place is staying close to my little chest as possible untill i launch my night there....

There have been a few small nights there before.... never any monthly events..... plus theres a club just accross the road from it that i can also hire.... and have a different music policy.... anyway.... ssshhhh...

I think I know where you're talkin about...

If it's where I'm thinking about then it's a good call - my mate just held a part there recently...

cant happen mate.... Original Sin agency uses contracts which state if he doesnt turn up he has to pay a fine.....

If your mate didnt sign a contract.... then its his fault.... if he did.... then he needs to take it further and get some money back from the Agency..... fines are usually equal to booking fee....

Well second time around, original sins agency seemed happy enough to take the £150 deposit for themselves, even if it was their fault getting the date wrong (apparently), I dont see why Adam should cough up for that. Bunch of idiots really, Sunday 1pm doesn't mean Sunday night, my mate even took the liberty of explaining that in the contract that - Saturday night / Sunday morning.

But i'll ask my mate about it next time I see him, cause it is out of order.

Fuckin agencies...

Well second time around, original sins agency seemed happy enough to take the £150 deposit for themselves, even if it was their fault getting the date wrong (apparently), I dont see why Adam should cough up for that. Bunch of idiots really, Sunday 1pm doesn't mean Sunday night, my mate even took the liberty of explaining that in the contract that - Saturday night / Sunday morning.

But i'll ask my mate about it next time I see him, cause it is out of order.

Fuckin agencies...

yeh... well they have a fine in their contracts.... if the DJ doesnt turn up you get the something back..... like what i said before..... its usually the booking fee..... so in other words where youd usually pay £300.... for them not turning up you will get £300......

but the whole saturday night sunday morning thing is pretty common.... if your mate has a contract....... check the date...... if the date matches up to what the agency was saying..... ie...... if he was meant to play sunday 12 at 1am..... make sure it says that..... if it says 1am on the 13th for example..... and your mates signed it..... then he hasnt got a foot to stand on.... and in fact... he should in theory owe the rest of the money....... as Oringinal Sin was booked out for that night.... and may have lost any income if another promoter had not been able to book him.....

If your mate is in the right... then you need to pursue it.... because trust me.... if you owed them money they will defo pursue you......

What have i learnt from this thread:

1. Dj's who are well known to the ravers but not in the elite make fuck all. £200 for a gig is a joke. You have to do at least three a week before you are even an average earner. Unless it's all under the table of course.

2. Brockie should find a new career path. If i had been in the same job for over 15 years and i was only making £250 a gig i would move on.

House DJ's like sacha etc. earn thousands per set. Surely some people in dnb are earning between £800-£1000 a set.

I know people will say it's for the love of the music, not the money. But if i was Brockie i would probably get a paper round just to supplement my lifestyle.

What have i learnt from this thread:

1. Dj's who are well known to the ravers but not in the elite make fuck all. £200 for a gig is a joke. You have to do at least three a week before you are even an average earner. Unless it's all under the table of course.

2. Brockie should find a new career path. If i had been in the same job for over 15 years and i was only making £250 a gig i would move on.

House DJ's like sacha etc. earn thousands per set. Surely some people in dnb are earning between £800-£1000 a set.

I know people will say it's for the love of the music, not the money. But if i was Brockie i would probably get a paper round just to supplement my lifestyle.

Yeah, no wonder they all complain about being so busy all the time!

Think the likes of Andy C, etc can get in £800-£1000 a set at some raves...

just do what all promoters do,put all these big names on the flyer knowing you havent even paid or booked them to play,that way youll be quids in taking ppls cash and not having to pay the big names and just say on the mic"sorry to tell you but dj blah blah hasnt showed 2nite his cars broke down ect"then get your mates too play for 50 p an hour!shing shinggg!lol

just do what all promoters do,put all these big names on the flyer knowing you havent even paid or booked them to play,that way youll be quids in taking ppls cash and not having to pay the big names and just say on the mic"sorry to tell you but dj blah blah hasnt showed 2nite his cars broke down ect"then get your mates too play for 50 p an hour!shing shinggg!lol

hahahaha.... and then wait for the court orders to flow in..... hahaha

Back
Top Bottom