anyone know anything about digital cameras?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Catsel, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

im looking to buy one... cost isn't an issue.

but it needs to be quite small... indestructible (literally!, as its me using it lol so needs to be drop friendly).. gotta be able to take very high quality photos.. gotta be able to take cheap batteries and like AA's or sumthin iunno.... and have a massive memory!!

been lookin on gadget show website, and they recommend this... which looks very fragile...

Fujifilm Finepix F100 FD

[​IMG]

2. RevTech

RevTech Butthole=output transduce

Anything kodak is usually good

3. wo88le

wo88le A Mockery of a Travesty

4. Indi

Indi Tha Original ThreadKilla!

Anything from Canon, especially the Ixus and Powershot compacts, are definitely the best quality photos you can get from a compact camera.

Canon Powershot A520
    [​IMG]

Canon Ixus 70
    [​IMG]

Casio Exilim compacts are fairly good too.

Casio Exilim EX-S880
    [​IMG]

And the last compact I had that was fucking awesome was the Panasonic Lumix TZ3 with the Leica 28mm wide view lens

Panasonic Lumix TZ3
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
  5. Catsel

not feelin the kodak, or panasonic, they look a bit, professional... been told cannon are very reliable tho (y)

but Indi... tho camera's don't look very damage proof :p (looking at Canon Ixus 70 tho.. looks nice n simple...only £140... whats the catch?. as that panasonic one was £500???)

anyone seen that advert with the kid throwin the camera across the garden?? and his dog goes n gets it.. then he washes it under a cold tap to clean it?? thats indestructible :p

6. Indi

Can understand the price of the Panasonic one being steep. The Ixus is suprisingly robust, its really small but steadily built, and has a nice thick screen. Check one out in person to make up your mind.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
  7. sotalex

sotalex man your battlestations

just speaking out of experience, don't take a camera that works on AA batteries. It's heavy, plus they don't last long...

I've bought this one...
    [​IMG]

just a lil bit more expensive (10 pounds or so) than your finepix model. It has Li-ion recharchable batteries so it is easy as fuck, and you can insert a memory card which gives you a massive memory.:wave:

8. Fortune^

Fortune^ ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

Anything by Canon, as Indi said, their Ixus range is the madnote. Don't go sony, they'll shaft, they always do.

9. JamesZero

JamesZero aka Zero Beats

I have had a Nikon CoolPix S2 for about 5 years now and it has never let me down.

It's a really solid camera, it has come away with me on piss up weekends away all over the UK and Europe and been dropped, covered in mud, rained on etc etc and it still takes good pictures.

Obviously it's out dated now, but Nikon do a really good range like this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Catsel

goin travelin in se asia.. n dun wanna be luggin around rechargable stuff all the time... unless its a better option than buying batteries every now n then?

think i'll go see what a dixons saleman has to say bout Cannon.. as ive only heard good things about them! (y)

11. Indi

Trust me mate, I've been living in Asia for almost 9 years now, and having rechargable batteries, a charger and a travel adaptor is gonna save you lots of time, money and hassle than having to purchase AA batteries whenever they run out.

Canon IXUS is the choice for you I reckon, probably most suited to your travel needs (y)

12. Catsel

will look into the Canon more over the next few days..

also, im guessing this adaptor, charger & batteries will be sold with it?

also, whats China like?? because i really wanna go there too... and how difficult will it be for me to get to that area in the s.w. of the country... near nepal... ahem...

13. sotalex

sotalex man your battlestations

it's all in the box...

14. Indi

Everything will be sold with it.

As for getting into China, best thing to do would be to fly to Hong Kong for a few days. While in Hong Kong, you can get a travel visa, there's an area in Kowloon called Tsim Sha Tsai (pronounced CHIM SHA CHOI) and it has a lot of travel agencies and visa issuing places, get yourself a 3 month travel visa from one of these places for around HK$1100 (about 100 quid). Then travel by bus from HK across the border to Shenzhen, and then go by train anywhere in China. Shouldn't be too difficult to get a travel visa, its the 1 year work visas which are most difficult to acquire. Hope this helps (y)

15. Catsel

yes it helps... i can get a flight from Bangkok to HK well easy... then into China! was gunna go Nepal to china that way.. but i reckon thats gunna be difficult..

ive been reading in most books etc, that max visa is 90 days.... which is a lil short IMO.. considering the size of the country!!

thanks m8(y)