Anyone interested in the Rugby?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Hombre-J, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Hombre-J

Hombre-J Currently Ballsacked

I went to the England Fiji match a couple of weeks ago, unfortunately watching the others at home or in the pub.

Just thought I'd post, as I don't recall ever speaking to any of you lot about it.

Thoughts? Predictions? Should I skin myself, punt my liver into the distance then arrange my capillaries to write "HELLO MUM"?

2. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

I love Rugby. Sadly I live in the US where it is not a real sport. I can watch re-runs on you tube or watch the local union teams play. I tend to be partial to New Zealand and Wales how about you.

3. Hombre-J

England man myself. You'll have been torn then yesterday when Wales played NZ?

My old man is the chairman of a local club, so I can't get enough of it!

inb4 comments about me liking to watch sweaty burly men caressing each other

4. Phat_Sam

Phat_Sam Well-Known Member

I think I started a thread a few six nations ago? Maybe?

That fight in the England Springbok game was jokes... We were unlucky to lose but still... we got a lot of young players on our team... they'll get better quite quick I think.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  5. Hombre-J

Yeah I have a vague recollection of this.

I agree, we are looking like a decent side, and are shutting up all of the naysayers who said we were going to get rolled over by the tri-nations, despite the fact we can't seem to find that last killer element. Symptomatic of England over the years though really!

Should be an interesting match last week, can't quite see us winning though as the Kiwis just seem in a different league at the minute

6. Phat_Sam

Phat_Sam Well-Known Member

They always do... The Springboks are slipping. They don't seem to be as confident as they were in recent years. Can't seem to figure out why though?

Yeah, England always do that. I think it's because we don't have anyone that's really that special. Solid team but no gems. Looking back at our 2003 team, you can't fault it but now the whole thing has changed and we're almost having to rebuild.

7. Hombre-J

Yep agreed pretty much. I think we do have some people with massive potential (e.g. Manu, Cole, Care/Youngs) but we need more out and out finishers, and a good 10/12 combo to release them.

I'm really excited by Jonathan Joseph, as I think he offers something really different. I'd suggest giving Freddie Burns a go at 10, and maybe sticking Farrell at 12 for the 6 nations. Might not work but Flood is never going to set the world on fire, and that's kind of what we need at the minute.

8. tewky1

tewky1 Well-Known Member

I like Union a bit, never really followed it properly, but will happily sit and watch a good game. I watch a lot of sports in my Job, and nice to see some Heineken Cup or 6 Nations come up on my list stuff to watch.

Remember watching the World Cup Final where Johnny Wilkonson kicks the drop at the end, that was a hell of a game, and one bar girl glassed another in the break, so was a bit of half time entertainment/blood to go with it :) ! Havent caught a game in a while, have we got anyone to replace his kicking yet? I should get coverage this year of a few more rugby events on the telly, at the whim of Thai Satellite, but should get some to watch.
    Sounds like we have a good squad. I always find it amazing how quickly the balance of power can swing in the international ranks, but keeps it really interesting from a neutral's view.

IV4 - Leave rugby alone, if the US ever get any sort of interest, and can get them linebackers and linemen to play rugby instead of Football, the rest of the world better watch out!!