anyone interested in some cool glitch samples???

DJPancake

NEW NAME IS DJ INCLINED
So i got this junky keyboard for free, it was kinda cool to play around with in spare time. But since I left it out in an uninsulated room for quite a while, the internal circuits are glitching like crazy.

These are true glitches, not just computer generated; when i hit a "demo song" button, it goes for a few seconds, then goes crazy data scrambling.

Message back if your interested.

are .mp3 files good for everyone? I'll just attach them to a post.

I'll post one sample by the end of the week for you guys to see what they sound like.

-Andy

hey andy
that sounds well interesting, cant wait to hear the samples.
any chance of posting them as wav please? if theyre too big for attachment, use sendspace or sumthin. i know it wont make much difference in sound quality, but id hate to find something usable in your samples and then have it on mp3.
cheers (y)

ok thanks for the tip GorDo, im making a sendspace account now, and then i'll post the link once the files are up. ...in .wav format

-Andy

Last edited:
ok fellas,

Ive pretty much got a bunch of glitches recorded. Im going to keep them raw/unfilterd, so that way you can make better use of them. I imagin most of you will EQ it and maby some quiet reverb, and a few cuts and pitch changes. But im still trimming the ends up.

I'll try and attach on to a post in a few min, just have to hook up the laptop.

-Andy

here is a funny one, remember this is unfilterd.

sorry for mp3 format, my other option is AAC.

Im using GarageBand for these samples, if you want .WAV then show me how to do up.

-Andy

Attachments

• Glitch Samples.mp3
    333.4 KB · Views: 57
Sounds cool. I'll still be having a look at them even if you can only manage mp3.
Will they all sound similar to that one (same kinda glitch/interference?)
If you could try a couple of longer single notes then it may be useful for loading into a sampler.

ok subprime,

any other suggestions?

the keyboard it's self is pretty crapy, so i cant do much about quality

I can easily do mp3 AAC and AIFF

cant figure out WAV

-Andy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom