Anyone here using Traktor? i have a question about bpm's....

mr meh

VIP Junglist
So im new to djing and recently got a Numark Mixtrack Pro and been enjoying using it easily with Virtual DJ. So i noticed most mp3 dj's are using Traktor so i installed that and yeah it looks much better but the problem is that its displayed all my dnb tunes at totally different bpm's.......Virtual DJ would display them all between 80-90 bpm so easy to mix, just press sync then move the pitch fader back once the track is playing. But, Traktor is displaying them anywhere from 80-175 bpm so difficult to mix when you get two tunes with a big jump in the bpm....

is there any way or sorting this so it displays my tracks in an easy to mix range of bpm, like it was in Virtual DJ?

cheers

Not sure mate, i think there's a way to limit the maximum BPM in the prefences menu, but I dunno if that'd even help - might stop it reading it at all lol. Worth a shot maybe!

Is it just a case of when its showing one at like 88 BPM and the other at 176 BPM or something like that? I've found that it just tends to read some songs at the correct BPM and some at half, not entirely sure why, maybe someone can shed some light on that :)

If the tracks you load comes up with anything between 85 - 90 bpm, just double it.
For some reason Traktors got a problem with figuring out the bpm for dnb, it sometimes does it with dubstep aswell.
If doubling fails, check chemical.com, they usually list the bpm of tracks on there.

This has bugged me for ages but if you actually look into the software there is a bunch of ways to sort this.

With a track loaded, under the Active button click the down arrow, then select Grid i think.. Here you can then change the BPM Traktor associates with the track, so imo I'd change it to 87.5 etc because more often then not when you load a new track, it'll pick it up as half the BPM it actually is.

Also here you can get the tracks beat matched, and then adjust the phase meter so that when the track is locked the meter is reading correctly.

Hope that makes sense, writing in a rush at work ;)

^^ I do agree but having this sorted makes mixing solely on a laptop completely manageable.. The inbuilt mixer in traktor is proper slick, especially the Xone style ;)

traktor does have problems auto BPM detecting DnB. For tricky tunes, i set the beat grid by hand like this: 1) set the origin point of the grid (the white marker) to the first clear beat or the first drop. 2) adjust the BPM to match for the next 16 beats. 3) scroll to the end of the track and fine-tune your grid. 4) click the padlock to save the grid to the track.

here you can double or half the bpm! should solve the problem ;)
http://img19.imageshack.us/i/bild11oi.png/
bild11oi.png

btw: go vinyl or cd and learn to BEATMATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom