Anyone here into jazz??

Jazz funk is great...
Also a great album to sample from... drums are absolutely on point.
This one too...

gonna be opening my rough tempo show tonight with one of my own original jazz pieces ;) 9pm - 11pm UK Time - roughtempo.com

Love that Jazz I do!

Some contemporary examples:
Chris Potter Underground (especially the tunes "Rumples" and "Boots") Nate Smith, the drummer of the group is awesome on these tracks.
Ari Hoenig - Awesome drummer. Totally insane techniques. A Very original style of drumming. Heres a clip with him and Chris Potter:

In the 80:s and 90:s there were: John Scofield, Mike Stern, Bill Bruford..

Heres some of my favorites from the 70:s: Peter Herbolzheimer, Oliver Nelson (both Big-Band orientated)

And off course the 50:s-60:s: Heres where you find some of the greatest Be-Bop ever recorded. The artists are probably familiar to you: John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Sonny Rollins and many many more, that doesn't come to mind right now.

And a bit of topic. Heres one of the current best drummers in the world. His name is Morgan Agren. He plays in many different constellations. Has his own band called Mats & Morgan (They indulge in improvisation-experimental-jazz thats a bit to much for me). But anyhow. Heres a link where he plays with Fredrik Thorendal from Meshuggah. The drumming is jaw dropping. Enjoy!

Also, listen to the entirety of Kamasi Washington - The Epic. Its fantastic (but 3 hours long :))

Your trolling efforts have been week. 40 failed attempts. That's one more than everyone in the gang bang who tried to get your mum pregnant for welfare cheques.

A couple of my all time favorite

Also look for Charlie Parker, Lester Young, Ben Webster, Coleman Hawkins

Back
Top Bottom