ANYONE HERE INTO 4 DECK MIXING ?

One Track Mind

Odd question i know praps to ask , but being quite new here i thought it'll be easier to ask than majorly deep search for info , anyway ..

been trying to study the art of it for some years now and finally im at state where im able to record them down with less n less mistates as the years have gone on ..

I've tried so many ways , forumulas , watched so many other djs etc that my skills and ability cant work that shit out , but in my own way , i think im getting somewhere with it , but like anything in life , it's who you know not what and as i dont know people into jungle/dub etc , i'm like ... ?? hmm only place , is a place where people talk this music so, hence why im here i spose ...

i've got about "200+" @ present , all 6 min 4 deck multi genre 160 bpm [jungle/dub] pieces up here if your interested >> https://audiomack.com/artist/one-track-mind

What i'm trying to do is bridge the gap between different soundpaths or genres of music but using a back 2 basics method of just mix n blending sounds more than trying to be DJ EZ / ANDY C straight clone

My question is this ... am i barking up the wrong tree or do i need to go back to the drawing board ?

anyway ...

please if you have a 4 deck mix online please post a link in this thread as id be interested to hear it , thanks

OTM

4 decks is overkill, imo.

If you can make it sound musical and not like a busy intersection, more power to ya though.

I'm kind of unclear as to what your question is..just looking for tips on 4 deck mixing? I wouldn't think a whole lot would change..beat matching, EQing, selection, and learning to double drop. Are you able to double drop tunes on 2 decks?

If you can make it sound musical and not like a busy intersection, more power to ya though.

I'm kind of unclear as to what your question is..just looking for tips on 4 deck mixing? I wouldn't think a whole lot would change..beat matching, EQing, selection, and learning to double drop. Are you able to double drop tunes on 2 decks?

best I've mixed was on 5 decks, 3 CDj's and 2 vinyl TTs lol, its not about smacking every tune into one another, more about getting tunes at the ready for switch ups and shit (with the occasional triple drop here and there)

if you want to sound different to everyone else, make your own style of mixing, try scratching, beat juggling, switch ups etc etc don't just stick to the same formula

best I've mixed was on 5 decks, 3 CDj's and 2 vinyl TTs lol, its not about smacking every tune into one another, more about getting tunes at the ready for switch ups and shit (with the occasional triple drop here and there)

if you want to sound different to everyone else, make your own style of mixing, try scratching, beat juggling, switch ups etc etc don't just stick to the same formula

I experimented with cutting beats the other day using Noisia - Dead Limit and something from Spor, can't remember. It was a lot of fun and sounded tight, just don't know if I would do that on stage yet.

tips would be great , but like i said i dont think theres alot of guys travelling along this type of pathway as its mainly a bedroom adventure for many experimental djs and alot of djs once they have alittle idea on 2 there more happier desiring the "must play out" thing rather than imo focusing on the craft of mixing ..

tips would be great , but like i said i dont think theres alot of guys travelling along this type of pathway as its mainly a bedroom adventure for many experimental djs and alot of djs once they have alittle idea on 2 there more happier desiring the "must play out" thing rather than imo focusing on the craft of mixing ..

I think you can have the best of both worlds =).

I did 4 deck sets once upon-a-time and tbh the average punter didnt really appreciate it so I just do 3 now.

As danny said, keeping it fresh and unpredicable is key.

I watched Danny Byrd at Hospitality garden party ting last night and his mixing was ok but he had the crowd having it by carefully switching up the vibe of the tracks he was playing. Was quite an eye-opener. Below

Last edited:
I have to say if yo can get it perfect and playing set pieces works for your audience then go with it. But I'd rather hear a rolling tight mix as a raver than a sloppy mix from someone trying too hard if that makes sense. My guess is fro a 4 deck mix to work you need set pieces. I might be totally wrong. But it could also sound really busy and confusing..

Keep doing you and what you enjoy, scrap what everyone else thinks
I love using four decks, but I dont use recordbox so its needed more for cues then cuts and changes.
Tried your link & listened to a couple o bits, have you tried uploading to youtube, or doin a live video? actually show your skill kinda thing

I play 4 all of the time. Biggest challenge is making it sound un-rushed. Do this and you're away laughing

Back
Top Bottom