Anyone here from or in Oz?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Dj Dirty Pimp, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Dj Dirty Pimp

Dj Dirty Pimp Active Member

Moving to Oz in 3 weeks and wondering if anyone on here is there at the moment etc, and how they are finding it! dont really come on here much any more but spent days and nights on here a few years ago. be cool to get some opinions/ experience/ recommendations from people.

I will be in Western Australia but up for traveling to different areas

2. Hombre-J

Hombre-J Currently Ballsacked

According to the other thread, as long as you aren't an ABBO SCUMBAG you'll get on fine.

3. Gumby

Gumby New Member

yeah i live in perth. how long you staying for? where will you be based?

dnb is a bit underground in perth- you have to know where to look to find it. im happy to point you in the right direction if you're looking for some nights out.

4. Dj Dirty Pimp

Hey, im landing in perth and spending a few days in Fremantle, then ill be heading to the mining town of Karratha where i have some work lined up. I will be looking to see perth more when ive settled in karratha as i know its only a couple of hours on the plane. i have 1 year visa, i intend to extend that to 2 years and get sponsorship if i like it. I have a brother whos been in karratha just over a year and he loves Australia.

are you an Australian Gumby or do you live there?

5. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

You going by boat? :teeth:

CoB likes this.
  6. Rusket

Rusket Mix an blend

half the forum apparently, the other half is based in dubai.

would be cool to see one of those demographic models that shows where people are logged in around the world. Would give a good idea of who listens to dnb, worldwide.

CoB, logikz and Dj Dirty Pimp like this.
  7. Gumby

Gumby New Member

Karratha is a fucking hole, your brother is a saint to have lasted that long!! :lol:

I'm Australian. I've actually got to go to Karratha in a few weeks for work too, we've got some programs running up there and I need to do some staff training.

Fremantle is nice, but its winter here atm, so theres not a lot happening. You'll have to come back down in summer.

- - - Updated - - -

I make up half the forum?! Who else is here?

8. Dj Dirty Pimp

haha yeh my bro said its not paradise, he said go to karratha to make money and then check out other bits of Aus! yeh i mean your winter is still going to be warm to me i think so quite nice that im arriving when i do so i can adapt! have you been to rotnest island? anywhere in freo you would recomend?

ill be doing bouncer work at one of the clubs in karratha, along with a day job. could be interesting from what my bro says hah.

9. Gumby

Gumby New Member

Holy shit dude :twitchy:

You're a brave man. Could be worse.... at least you're not doing bouncer work in Port Hedland.

Yeah I've been to Rottnest a few times. I wouldnt go in winter. Theres fucking nothing there to do though, its so small theres no cars. Rottnest is the kind of place you go with a group of friends, beach during the day, pub at night and ride your bikes home drunk at night.

The Fremantle markets are lovely (Fri-Sun), Little Creatures Brewery and The Norfolk are popular on a warm day. Dont go to Metros Freo. If you let me know the dates you're there I can see if there are any gigs on for you.

10. Dj Dirty Pimp

lol god, i wanted a nice easy door. I worked Dover in England for 2 years and that was rough as fuck.Oh well money is good lol!

ahh ok ill bear that in mind then, wait til summer!!

sounds cool!! i will let you know the exact dates later on today, be cool to go to a gig or something while im there!

11. Gumby

Gumby New Member

12. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

:lol:

worked in dover.

thinks he knows what rough is.

the miners will fuck u up.

13. Gumby

Gumby New Member

Booked my flights to Karratha today. I'm going up on the 30th. Pray for me :teeth:

Dj Dirty Pimp likes this.
  14. rob_del_terror

rob_del_terror - ̿ ̿'̵͇̿̿з=(•̪●)=ε

Is this a dnb. Fuuuck, what have i done with the last 4 years of my life. Does anyone know any good house forums.....

15. Catsel

16. Dj Dirty Pimp

Lol i know how it is down there, im friends with doormen there - hence how i got work. The miners get a bit lively but its the aboriginals that are the major problem so ive been told by multiple people. The miners are similar to squaddies near me, they come back from afgan and just go a bit mental when pissed. just gotta know how to handle them. N tbh til youve worked the door at dover and K town then not really your place to comment :) i will be sure to inform you of my experiences though

Gumby im landing in perth on the 17th of August. changed plans a bit, spending a few days in perth, whats good on a sat, sun and monday nights? not bothered about dnb etc as my bro isnt really into that, just want somewhere thats going to be busy and fun! after that we driving to coral bay, then Karratha.

17. sam the dnb man

sam the dnb man Variation

K town? Do you mean Kingston, Surrey?

18. Gumby

Gumby New Member

Oh, you're going to coral bay?! Im so jealous! Its lovely up there! I hope the weather is good for you, its been raining lots recently.

Here's pics from when I was up there. It's a tiny oasis in the middle of the desert, one of the most isolated places on earth

[​IMG]

I've PMed you with some suggestions for the wkend (y)

19. Hombre-J

Hombre-J Currently Ballsacked

I hope they included "using your own vomit as lubricant as you bring yourself to a crymax"

Not a real weekend without one of them.

20. Catsel

not a real morning before work tbh