Anyone got, or know of, some good woodwind samples?

parsons19

VIP Junglist
Howdy all,

Does anyone have some woodwind samples they would like to share? Or know of any good woodwind samples?

I fancy getting some flutes or something in a track soon, not sure exactly what I want to do but thought a good start would be finding the sounds!

Jordan

could try searching youtube for 'flute solo' or something

if you are looking to sample a flute and use it in a sampler, i wuldnt bother, sampled woodwinds are generally shyte, even if u pay a fair bit for professionally made versions

Cheers for the swift reply miszt!

Thats a shame about using it in sampler would be rubbish... I was a little worried that may be the case!

So, you suggest finding a loop or solo or something and working with it? :)

I hear lots of good things about predator! Will do a search for a demo version. Assuming there is one? :lol:

Predator does have a demo! But I'm not sure working in 30 minute blocks will be good fun for me... :lol:

Thanks for the input, elmaruk! Don't know if you get Computer Music Mag? Alchemy is on The CM Studio am I right? :P

yeah i'm pretty sure CM put a demo out at some point.

you might have to play with some of the oscillators to get the sound you want. Some of the pre-set flutes have rain and frog noises backing them up. I'm sure you'll figure it out.

I used there flutes in this tune.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just installed it and its pretty cool! Pretty close to what I was looking for :) Cheers!

Thanks for all the replies guys :D

As for the tune, yeah, nice one man :) Like it, how is depth records going? We going to be hearing some new releases soon? :) I have been working on some deepish stuff that may be to your liking, the production quality isn't up with the rest of you all though ! :lol:

yeah it's going alright mate.
got some stuff in the bag and some plans formulating.
send em over mate.

Awesome :)

Well, only one tune is actually finished right now and the mixdown still needs work. Still wanna hear it? If so email or pm?

Okey doke :)

To sum up this topic for anyone else looking for woodwind.

As miszt pointed out whacking flute sounds in a sampler won't create great results. I can't confirm this as I have never tried it! His suggestion was to search around online (youtube) , which I did and actually found some awesome flute players. I found some cool stuff that I may actually whack in a tune!

Predator has some good presets.

Alchemy player was pretty bang on for what I wanted, but these sounds are a little atmospheric like, if you are looking for something a little more , flutey? :lol: , then it may not be ideal!

Cheers.

^

Or be clever like elmaruk and do that! :lol:

Sending an email soon by the way mate :)

---------- Post added at 22:23 ---------- Previous post was at 21:56 ----------

Had a look at the different options for the presets. It's possible to get some more real sounds from alchemy too. Dials to control volume of rain sounds, FX and all that. Good plugin, recommend! Should have got it before really!

yeah man it's good'n. you can get your own sounds in there and get real creative with your basslines then.

Back
Top Bottom