Anyone got any experience with focusrite saffire 6usb audio interface.help needed

padders

Hi, Just boughts some new monitors and this audio interface. I cant seem to get any sound coming out of the monitors. Im using a PC with xp (have the lastest updates). I dont think its the monitors as had my phone next to them and they gave off that beepy sound you get when someone is phoning you. I have it all set up and installed as directed by the user guides. However when I did install I got a message saying to check the hardware is compatiable with windows xp logo. I have checked the box and my computer has all the correct system requirments and updates.
When I go into control panel and then to the sounds, audio devices bit. The device volume is set to zero but i cant change it. On soundplayback I can click on the volume but i get the follwing error message there is a problem with your hardware go and install it in add hardware. However when I go to the hardware section of sounds ,audio etc. it says its working poperly.

My computer seems to recognise the device. On the actual interface the USB light is lit up green however nothing comes up on the signal light. Im using fl studio and have changed the audio settings. Dont think its that though as other apps like itunes aint working either.

any help on this would be much appricated, it maddening when you spent shit loads on kit that cant get to work:confused:

Last edited:
can't realy help mate, i installed on the mac and it was more or less just plug in and play.

have you tried restarting your computer?

now I'm wondering about the leads connecting my monitors to the interface, the shop assistant recomended 6.3mm that go into the big line outputs right on the far right of the back of the interface does that sound right?

ALright free laughs at the absolute fool that is me! It turned out i'd plugged the monitors into each other and the two inputs on the saffire into each other. Note don't try and set up a studio when hungover!
But right now I got it working i just dont care. Justed played refusal by Zero T can't believe how sweet it sounds on monitors not headphones. Better than (insert fit woman of choice) screaming on the end of my dong!

I got some krk 5's. Just going through all my old music on itunes all sounds so fresh like a whole dimension i been missing out on before:)

sweet, i'm running exactly the same. it's almost like they were made for each other.... colour coded 'n all ;)

I got some krk 5's. Just going through all my old music on itunes all sounds so fresh like a whole dimension i been missing out on before:)

Had the same experience recently when i shelled out on some nice sennheiser cans. KRKs will be making there way to me at some point in 2010 I hope.

Back
Top Bottom