Anyone good with Reason?

wilki

If anyone could provide some assistance here it would be massively appreciated. I'm new to Reason and have created a few beats with Redrum. I want to add some loops using the Dr Octo Rex plugin and have selected a few rex loop files. However, once selected and loaded up into the plugin I cant seem to get any sound out. I have selected tab and made sure that the main output from DR Rex is hooked up to my mixer, but still no sound. The only thing playing back is the redrum.

I'm guessing that I have wired things up incorrectly but I have tried so many combinations now and still no sound??

have you copied the loops to track?
i never really use more than 1 loop per dr rex as i put loads of diferent effect etc on each one so mite be that.
also when ever you create one from create it will route to the mixer you have selected so it should all be wired up fine
try just one loop first see if that works

Which version of Reason are you using?
Is Dr Rex set to Run? It needs to be in loop mode, or you need to crate a track for it in the sequencer and program a midi clip in order to play the file.

yeah as above.
in sequencer make sure you ahve the Dr Rex track selected.
Go to the rack - right click rex and copy loops to track.
You should then see the loop in the sequencer.
when you play the song rex should play.

i cant remember reason 5 but i think you can preview the loop - make sure you can hear it there - if you can then you should be able to hear it in the song.
Post up some screen shots if youre still haveing troubles

when you create any instrament in reason it should automatically wire it to a mixer.......there is a preview button at the top section of the do octorex next to the main volumn dial....when you press play (space bar) this should run the loop....

If you want to add the loop to the sequencer you need to go the botom section of octorex where there is a wave form section of the loop you loaded....to the right of that is a copy to track button that will add it to the sequencer...make sure you de-select the run button at the top section once youve added the loop to the sequencer or when you run the whole song it'll play the loop twice like its layered from the sequencer and the rex unit and it will sound funny

Back
Top Bottom