Anyone going to Outlook 2011?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by neeon, Nov 24, 2010.

1. neeon

neeon New Member

Just wondered if anyones hitting up Outlook Festival in Croatia next year? I had to sell my ticket this year so I missed out on what looked like one of the best line ups to date! If anyone went this year, where abouts did you stay? Me and 5 friends are thinking about going a week earlier to Croatia and renting a villa and then staying on for the festival. You can get 2-3 bedroom places and then split the cost between you which doesnt seem too bad.
    Did anyone get the 'sunshine bus' there last time? How was it?
    Roll on September 2011 ;)

2. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

I really want to go, last year looked fucking sick

3. Yorkshire Tony

Yorkshire Tony Active Member

what was this years line up?

4. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

Line-up
    New additions: Skream, Zinc, Rodney P & Skitz, The Ragga Twins, Roska, Oris Jay, Tokimonsta, Scorzayzee, Debruit, Man Like Me, Engine Earz, & Goldielocks.

Dubstep
    The Bug Feat. Flowdan, Mala - Digital Mystikz, Plastician, Loefah, Coki, Joker, Shackleton, N-Type, Distance, Seven, Pinch, Quest, Silkie, True Tiger, Headhunter, Scuba, Jack Sparrow, Rsd, Hessle Audio - Ramadamman, Rouge State , Ben Ufo, Pangea, Untold,Appleblim, Ranking Records - Ruckspin, Planas, Mary Anne Hobbs, Von D, MRK1, Jay 5, Vivek, kromestar, Razor Rekta, Walsh, Sgt Pokes, and Crazy D.

Hip-Hop/Beats
    Roots Manuva + Full Live Band & Special Guests, Benji B, Taskforce, The Mother Fu*King Gaslamp Killer, Kidkanevil, Floating Points, J-Star & Shepdog, Submotion Orchestra - Live, Illum Sphere, and Broke'n'english.

Drum And Bass/ Jungle
    Congo Natty Ft. Tenor Fly, Spectrasoul, Commix, Kenny Ken, Tc1, Steppa, Logan D, Lowlife, and Rikines.

Dub/Reggae
    Macka B (Live), Mad Professor, Kanka (France), Michael Prophet & The Dub Asante Band, Bush Chemists + King General, Maffi (Live), Channel One, O.B.F (France), Mungos Hifi + Sound System, Dubkasm, Radical Dub (Live), Firehouse Sound (Denmark), Dubkasm, Gentleman's Dub Club (Live), and Heatwave.

5. Yorkshire Tony

Does look good, although i like more bands at festivals, with this kinda vibe being played through the night.............

Noticed Gentlemens Dub Club there, saw them in Yorjk on Monday night, awesome band!

6. herojuana

herojuana hairy kuala

they are so good aren't they! saw them and then rodigan at my students union. one night when it was actually fun to be there!

7. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

What dates is it? Its only showing this years

8. Yorkshire Tony

Awesome band, im off to see them at Nottingham again in a few weeks, they're being supported by my favourite Notts band, 25 past the skank, check em out, they're amazing!

9. greddie

greddie Super Sir Loin

i am super-dooper up for this

10. junglewarrior08

junglewarrior08 Member

went the first year so cant comment on venue but def recommend croatia. beautiful country and cheap.

GDC are also concrete...

11. neeon

neeon New Member

Not too sure what the exact dates are for 2011 but its normally the first weekend in September which is pretty sweet for getting flights etc. because most airlines dont class this as 'Summer Holidays' still as most kids will have gone back to school by then. Basically meaning the flights should be dirt cheap. :thumbsup:
    If you go on the official website they've uploaded a couple of videos of the past few years and it looks siiiiiick. This year it was set in these old croatian ruins and I think they have loads of boat parties as well which look immense. This was the line-up for this years boat parties.
    If quite a few people are up for it on here then I would genuinely look into a villa or holiday home in Hvar because you can get places for four people sharing for as little as 200 quid a week. 50 quid each for a weeks accommodation is pretty good. My friends' villa last year had a pool as well...
    I reckon spread the word out a bit and get a load of us out there for 2011. Would be so good. Got a bit more info about the festival here. Doesn't say when next years line up will be announced though.

12. PhorceOfHabit

PhorceOfHabit Seldom

If you do nothing else this year, go to Outlook. Was unbelievable. I had to choose between Outlook and Sun & Bass and I'm hundred percent happy I made the right choice (given my age and what I wanted out of it before the S&B heads start whining haha). The dubstep brings in the ladies (and there was ALOT of them, easily an even split if not in their favour), the locations perfect and the fact that you got Hip Hop, Dub and Reggae to keep you occupied as well as d&b is a touch.

Oh and do the boat parties. Shogun boat party, with Shogun and Dispatch artists going 6 way b2b for 5 hours, on a boat in perfect sunshine and where they don't give a shit about you blazing was honestly one of the best moments of my life, not to mention an unbelievable hangover cure.

Line up this year's even better as well. I'm not spilling, but just trust me.

We camped but stayed in an apartment one night just with some random people we met at a hostel. I think they were paying £80 odd each for the week and it was a cush 5 bed apartment (that we easily got 9 of us in) with a nice balcony and about 10 minutes walk from the campsite. To be honest though, if I get an apartment this year I'm gonna stump up the £40 odd for camping as well because it was amazing to be able to be able to stumble into a tent after all the campsite after parties and then wake up to beats in the morning and be right next to the beach. If not, just take a hammock and sling it up around a mates campsite on the sly.

We flew, and got ripped off on our flights (£260 return- genuinely the best price we could find when we booked, which was about 8 weeks or so before or whenever the perfect time to book is; we looked it up) but then other people got them for £100 odd both earlier and later than us so I guess it's just luck of the draw and a case of having the balls to hold out knowing they may just rise even further.

13. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

is it on the same island hvar is on? or is it nearby..

looks sweet - i was in hvar for a bit over the summer after exit fest and it was sweet - pricey though round the town

14. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

Oh...

I got excited about upgrading my email in work....

:(

15. Scatcat

Scatcat It don't mean shit

Definitely going to this - this years was too much. Dub bitches and chicken on the beach all day and jungle, hip-hop and skanking all night. WOOP WOOP!

16. Cat Gas

Cat Gas Aka Basis

I wish. Looks wicked.

17. danwell

danwell BAAAAAAAAAAAAABE WAIT

gonna book my ticket in the next few weeks :)

18. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

Too many raves, so little money :(

Just paid for amsterdam, buying innovation in the sun tickets and that, pontins Weekender, perhaps Bangface, and a friends record launch party up in essex.
    And hopefully heading out to Russia for Pirate Station.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011

views Easily distracte

Man, I was finding it hard enough as it is to choose between Sun & Bass and Sun Beatz but now Outlook's popped up on my radar, too. Why the hell are they all on at the same time? WWHHHHHYYYY?

20. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

Looking good for me to reach :)!! Looks beyond epic