Anyone go Andy C Allnight at Ally Pally????

dscpotts

was it me or was the sound system utter wank. totally ruined the entire night. I'm 43 so have heard my fair share of good and bad systems, but been on Facebook seeing all the messages sent to Andy congratulating him on a great night, not one mentions you being able to hear your mate speak to you without him needing to shout In your ear, or you not being able to hear the tunes dropping.
Lovely venue though, just think it was wasted. Not sure if these issues were forced by the venue or not,
Anyone know????? These issues made me more critical of Andy and the night in general. Getting a bit bored of the Allnight theme now. Seemed like pretty much the same tracks being played as the last few allnights.....MC's weren up to scratch either, no GQ or 2shy

is the area fairly residential ? from what i've seen i believe that to be the case.. so i believe that could impact the sound levels.
As far as MC's go im a big fan of Tonn Piper so that stuff is down to personal preference

was it me or was the sound system utter wank. totally ruined the entire night. I'm 43 so have heard my fair share of good and bad systems, but been on Facebook seeing all the messages sent to Andy congratulating him on a great night, not one mentions you being able to hear your mate speak to you without him needing to shout In your ear, or you not being able to hear the tunes dropping.
Lovely venue though, just think it was wasted. Not sure if these issues were forced by the venue or not,
Anyone know????? These issues made me more critical of Andy and the night in general. Getting a bit bored of the Allnight theme now. Seemed like pretty much the same tracks being played as the last few allnights.....MC's weren up to scratch either, no GQ or 2shy

Yeah, if you go on the official event fb page there are loads of people moaning about this. Should have gone motion mate, the sound system there was lethal.

Yep and i agree with you 100 %. Sound system was awful and prob one of the worst i heard. Surely they would have known about it being residential and changed venues but i know why that wasn't the case.

Tunes were the same old same old and this is my last all night that i will go to as nothing has changed since the last 2.
Hate moaning about it but as a paying customer i expected more

The sound was pathetic. Hardly any bass at all. I managed to find a sweet spot at the back but it was a bit shit. Andy was giving it the large on the promo videos saying we were going to feel the bass in our chests as well.

No they cut a couple of pieces of the set together and put it on beats one after the fact. It was an hour broadcast

I wanted to ask anyone that went how the sound was but this answers my question. Its not the sound system, Alexandra palace is notoriously shit for acoustics. A gigantic hollow structure made from steel and glass with high ceilings does not lend itself to dnb.
Thing is everyone on that production team including andy would have known that. Why go for quantity over quality?
From the videos ive seen the visuals look amazing, fucking spot on. And hes a pretty good DJ I guess

the night was good on the whole, the sound wasn't as great, also, ive been to all of these so far apart from the original fabric one (massively gutted about that) and would say that the selection is getting real familiar now. Obviously there are slight variations on the mixes with the newer tunes coming out, but slightly getting a little bored on the format now.
Prob the last one that I personally go to for a while. Doesn't look like there is one on the horizon just yet anyway as they were only advertising his set "In Darkness" at SW4

I remember going to a Tranz-mission at AP many moons ago; I don't know anyone who's been there and honestly said the sound was good. Which is kind of to be expected really, as Crook said, the acoustics are shit and you're kidding yourself if you're going there thinking the sound's going to be on point.

As for these nights, I went to the first one at Electric a couple years back and had a good night - so that's where I left it. No need to taint the memory of the trucker hat

Why go for quantity over quality?

It's one dj all night long, 10'000 people. Pretty sure it's about setting new standards, cementing that he's the biggest and going the next step make even a bigger brand out of Andy C. So I'd say economic reasons.
If you like the same tunes played again and again with slight variations then fair enough. This format has died for me years ago.

He's always been the best at getting away with playing for the same set repeatedly. He's been doing that for about 15 years, because the combos he comes up with are often are so good, everyone overlooks the fact that he's done Messiah >>> some other rinsed tune 8 billion times already that year. I went and saw him twice in two days in two different cities about 10 years ago, and the set was almost exactly the same for the duration.

I know seeing the crowd reaction to the same tunes & mixes in a new venue each time would be a rush, but I'd get sick of drawing the same 30 tunes over and over again. Suppose that's why he's the ultimate crowdpleaser though, give em what works.

i've seen andy too many times to count and i'd say he switches up the shorter sets often enough that they don't get boring. Went to the first Brixton all night and was blown away, went to the all night in manchester and was let down. Haven't been back since.

I've said it before and i'll say it again: it's great that he's managing to pull these massive crowds, and that first brixton gig was probably the best rave i've been to. But it's growing old and most importantly it's ruining the label nights, and because of the exclusivity contracts i assume he's signing they havent had a residency night at fabric since valentines day two years ago, and he barely plays in clubs anymore anyway.

Andy, you've done it. Congratulations for filling ally pally. Now get back into the clubs (fabric!!!) and play for the heads who've been waiting.

i've seen andy too many times to count and i'd say he switches up the shorter sets often enough that they don't get boring. Went to the first Brixton all night and was blown away, went to the all night in manchester and was let down. Haven't been back since.

I've said it before and i'll say it again: it's great that he's managing to pull these massive crowds, and that first brixton gig was probably the best rave i've been to. But it's growing old and most importantly it's ruining the label nights, and because of the exclusivity contracts i assume he's signing they havent had a residency night at fabric since valentines day two years ago, and he barely plays in clubs anymore anyway.

Andy, you've done it. Congratulations for filling ally pally. Now get back into the clubs (fabric!!!) and play for the heads who've been waiting.

The Andy C Brixton gig I went to was brilliant, the effect of his music combining with that sound system was simply jawdropping.

Back
Top Bottom